Nokia Lumia 920 - Does my device have a super sensitive touch screen?

inclitus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I received my Lumia 920 today and wanted to try the super sensitive screen out. But even when the screen's sensitivity is set to High, I can only control it with my fingertips. There is no screen protector on the screen.

I bought my device in Hungary on contract. Is it possible that some regional versions don't include the super sensitive touch screen? Or what do you think what can be the root cause?

Thanks,
Peter

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I received my Lumia 920 today and wanted to try the super sensitive screen out. But even when the screen's sensitivity is set to High, I can only control it with my fingertips. There is no screen protector on the screen.

I bought my device in Hungary on contract. Is it possible that some regional versions don't include the super sensitive touch screen? Or what do you think what can be the root cause?

Thanks,
Peter

super sensitive touch is not a regional vendor thing, it's a nokia thing. so it's highly unlikely you dont have it. for the super sensitive touch you have to use whatever you are using for a few times to let the screen adjust to what you are trying to use then it will respond. if you are using an object other than your hand in a glove or hand blocked by some material, then i dont think it will work. IE: if you are using a tree branch i dont think it will work. plus you run the risk of scratching your screen.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Try turning the feature on and off a few times while also rebooting the phone some times too in the process. Also keep touching it with the gloves/whatever even if it doesnt seem to work.

Then there seems to be sort of a feature to avoid accidental touches. When you light up the screen from locked status, try pressing for example volume down and see if it then starts taking input. I would figure it's a safety feature rather than a flaw, cos I can't come up why would it do it otherwise.

I also had some hard time getting it to work at first, but it did end up working when it got some "warm up".

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It took me a few tries before it would work but you need to make sure that whatever object you are using is capable of holding an electrical charge, albeit a minute one. So anything made from plastic won't work but anything metal will.

inclitus

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Guys, it's now ok. I can use it even with my ski gloves on. Seems it just needed some time to adjust as you pointed out. It's such a great device! :) Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett