Nokia Music Store issue!

Levin Braganza

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It's been almost a month since I got my spanking new black Lumia 920. And have been waiting to use the Nokia Music Store on my phone.

Lemme bring it to your notice

I bought the phone from UAE, and I reside in India.

So I was under the impression that upon the launch of the phone in India, the Store would be available to me. But to my surprise, it just throws me an error regarding registration not being able to be processed as of now. When contacted, the Nokia Care Chat people said, that since the phone was purchased from the UAE, the store cannot be accessed in India.

I mean, why can't there be uniformity in the usage for International Users, who are on the road always!!

I just want the issue to get fixed with an update or so.

P.S. - Nokia, that's the only issue I had with my Lumia 920 as of, till date!..:unhappy:

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
why can't there be uniformity in the usage for International Users?
Lawyers. ;)

The rules that govern how your phone works are typically based on where "you" are from rather than where you are. Since most things are bought relatively close to where the buyers live, "you" are from the UAE from a lawyer's point of view. Nokia may not have the rights to stream music to the UAE (someone else could have bought an exclusive to music from some labels, Nokia could have decided that the cost was too high to be worthwhile, etc.).

If you haven't tried this already, try setting the region of the phone to India. I don't know if that will "move" you enough to qualify for music and apps for India, but it's worth a try if you haven't already done it. Good luck.

hary536

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I think, you will have to fiddle with settings a bit until you find the right combination.
First, what's the marketplace region in your phone? (India or UAE).
I think, try to set language, time zone, date/time, region,etc settings all to India or US or UK.
Or do a reet to your phone, so it is like new and then start configuring as I said above.

One of the combinations will make it work for you.

I had similar issue when I bought a Lumia 710 in US but was configuring it for someone in India. I couldn't run Nokia music, but after playing around
different combinations of the above settings, I was successful.
So, just try and have patience as it may take some time. ;)

It's been almost a month since I got my spanking new black Lumia 920. And have been waiting to use the Nokia Music Store on my phone.

So I was under the impression that upon the launch of the phone in India, the Store would be available to me. But to my surprise, it just throws me an error regarding registration not being able to be processed as of now. When contacted, the Nokia Care Chat people said, that since the phone was purchased from the UAE, the store cannot be accessed in India.

I mean, why can't there be uniformity in the usage for International Users, who are on the road always!!

P.S. - Nokia, that's the only issue I had with my Lumia 920 as of, till date!..:unhappy:

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

Unfortunately especially when it comes to stores (especially music and video/movie related) you will find different laws and licensing deals needed to be done. Nokia at least has been quite fast to move the services globally on Lumias when Zune pass in 3-4 years never even made it to here Sweden.

As far as your problem go have you set your region, languages and all that to India? Also do you know if Nokia Music Store is available in India? Even if Nokia Music with mix radio is available in India that doesn't mean Nokia Music store is.

I haven't had to test this as all of the services have now been available here for long time, but with my Lumia 800 that i bought from London i got Nokia Music available month before it was here. By changing region after hard to Sweden i got my regional services. No idea does this work these days. it should not be major problem as you are not tricking something like your Nokia Account or Microsoft account that are based in India.

Sushovan Majumdar

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have also the exact same problem. I bought phone from UAE using in India. But nokia music doesn't have options :( Also i have not yet got the portico update. Please let me know if you got the update in india for lumia bought from dubai. Please let me know. Guess we both are on the same boat.

Levin Braganza

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for replying this late..But as per the screen shots mentioned by me, Nokia never mentioned anything as to the device region is going to affect its services, and it's dependent on the region of the SIM in use in the phone. So I reside in India, India receives Nokia Music with Mix Radio, hence, I should be receiving the services. Shouldn't I???

Attachments

• wp_ss_20130225_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20130225_0001.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 1
  • wp_ss_20130225_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20130225_0002.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 2

nokia3660

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
I have a very similar issues but a little more complicated than yours (still pending with nokia care). Anyway try to log into nokia india music store using your nokia account and see what is happening? If you get in I was told that there is a option somewhere where you can change your region. If it doesn't then go to nokia care with the error message that you are getting.

p.s: I am assuming that you created your nokia account in India.

Levin Braganza

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it was created with the India region in consideration only. Also the phone region is mentioned as India, but the functions aren't been provided..:/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss