Nokia Lumia 920 Scratches on display :(

Yaqoob Al Gopang

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
My first post so bigg hi to u all , sharing my experience with wp8

I purchase white Nokia lumia 920 a week ago

I had problem in downloading apps most of them were unavailable , all apps came available when i change my region from U.A.E to US :)

So my major concern was OS and battery im pretty much satisfied with both

i tried scratching screen with keys and wot not to impress my friends but i start noticing scratches when display is off :(

Otherwise its a lovely phone lil bulky but HD screen and awesome camera quality make it desirable

Yaqoob

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Lol...you scratched your phone purpose with keys? Smart...

There are videos that show how 'indestructible' this phone is... It's not surprising really.

The answer is there is a thin coating on the glass that reduces your phones susceptibility to get coated with grease (oleophobic), and it is this that you are seeing getting scratched. The glass is likely unaffected (depends how hard you scratched).

Sadly you cannot un-scratch the coating and so will have those micro scratches forever. As you say... they are not noticeable when the phone is being used.

Similar issue/description: Why You Can't Remove Scratches from an iPhone 4S Screen - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

alphonsohall

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If i bought an expensive high end watch that was claimed to be waterproof down to 20m, would i test the claim by submerging it?..............NO

cashcar1979

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
If i bought an expensive high end watch that was claimed to be waterproof down to 20m, would i test the claim by submerging it?..............NO

Exactly...trying stuff like that is just asking for trouble. You have to be smart enough to separate marketing hype from reality. Any glass surface can scratch...

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Pheew, I was just about to play Fruit Ninja with my kitchen knife ;) - just kidding.

It's sad that You scratched Your screen, but great that the damage is somewhat limited. Just enjoy the phone, one of the best the industry has to offer and definitely my preferred choice.

And welcome to Mobile Nations, it is really a nice place. I enjoyed CrackBerry, Android Central and WPCentral so far and it is the place to go if You have questions or issues.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos