To Portico or not to Portico

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Soft reset is somewhat equivalent to restart pc, hard reset is somewhat like restore your pc to the state where you just reinstall windows.

Pardon me, WTF?!
Is it dishonest to format and reinstall windows?
Probably you dont even know what does it means flashing you device. It uses public available software tools from Nokia to format and reinstall the WP8 on to your phone.
It is the reason why people said fruit device is a glorified dumb phone where else the droids are on the other end of the scale.
Anyways, smart phones is for smart people, at least smart in troubleshoot their own device.

You got comprehension issues don't you? I thought you had something to offer the conversation but you started off wrong and stayed that way. lol. Too stupid for words. Let grown folks handle this.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You got comprehension issues don't you? I thought you had something to offer the conversation but you started off wrong and stayed that way. lol. Too stupid for words. Let grown folks handle this.
Go your way, just makes you looks stupid. Apparently I am the only idiot to even tried to give you some sensible advice.

K Rad

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
N00B question: How "do you Portico"? via Navifirm? or would it be available via the "Update Phone" option once it is available?

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for all the replies. I decided yesterday to go ahead and install the update. I can report 24 hours later that, so far, I have had no problems. I have not noticed the crazy screen brightness issues that some have reported. I have not had any issues with any apps that were already installed. I can't say I've noticed any real speed improvements, but then again, I didn't really have any speed issued before. I have not had the chance to play around with the camera, so I can't comment on any improvements to image quality. Also, my phone use in the past 24 hours was pretty light, so I can't really give an assessment on changes (if any) to battery life.

damnfob

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Given your attitude, I'd have thought this was XDA.

A reflash just might fix your problem, as Huime previously stated, considering if your problem is the result of a bad install then simply hard resetting will do you no good whatsoever. As for the <i>how</i>, a simple Google search will lead you in the right direction. There's actually a write-up somewhere on these forums.

I'm surprised Nokia was a dead-end for you. More than a few people I know, both online and personally (myself included), have received replacement handsets directly from Nokia. It should be noted that all replacements were received within a week on initiating a ticket.

"As far as returning it, it wasn't broken when I bought it. It worked. I can't ask the store to take back something that wasn't broken when I got it. That would be dishonest and nothing good comes from that level of petty dishonesty. Sorry, I won't do it."

Me thinks your comprehension of how things like this work is a bit lacking, which worries me, considering that you're a tech blogger. If an official OTA update broke something in your phone, then you can either get it replaced or take steps to fix it yourself. There's a huge difference between breaking the handset yourself by whichever means come to mind, and a problem arising from something that came from their end.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Go your way, just makes you looks stupid. Apparently I am the only idiot to even tried to give you some sensible advice.
I did, and got it resolved. Not sure what you thought you were offering but it wasn't that heavy. It's a phone. A thing. Not personal. Just business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes