HELP - UK - Orange swapables not available on 920?!?

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
:angry::angry:
After a day of phoning Orange technical support, some saying 'try xyz ...' some saying the Lumia 920 isn't compatible with ANY swapables despite being entitled to 2 on my contract, I have just been told by their windows phone department that no swapables are available on the 920. None at all!! I can pay ?? per month for Deezer as an app but not available as a swappable .... how can this be?? Especially when their website (orange.co.uk) states that 2, yes only 2 of all the swapables are available on the 920. Anyone help?? TIA

EDIT - When I go through the set up process on my phone it shows the 2 swapables (Deezer and astronomy) that the orange website say are available. Someone please help!!

Update 16/2/13
Weeks after I first tried to add a swapable I got a text back from 247 with my link (rather the link than the call center sent me, don't know if this makes any difference). I followed the link, got through to the page that lets you actually add a Swapable - shocked!! And it let me log my details in from the link and sent the link message with the authorisation code. Then download the Deezer app and sign in with those details. Simples ... once the phone lets you. Amazed and quite ridiculously smug that the Orange call center windows experts know nothing, just as I suspected!! She 'assured' me that the 920 has NO available swapables and she was wrong!!

Last edited:

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I have deezer(as swappable) working on my phone did it through the orangeworld site on my phone,, must be via data connection not wifi

not sure if it comes off my data allowance though never checked

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I'm on T-Mobile. Couldn't do with the limited data on Orange... and I had to leave Three for this phone anyway...

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I'm on T-Mobile. Couldn't do with the limited data on Orange... and I had to leave Three for this phone anyway...
I had to leave Vodafone for this phone too. Not sure that the Orange coverage is as good as Vodafone was as my phone seems to have trouble going onto Data from Wifi. Still early days with the phone though so it could be something I need to work out. Turn off and back on shouldn't be necessary I don't think.

aidensere07

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
HI

i have Deezer installed as my swapable on my lumia 920, at the time i had to text "swap" to "247"
however this no longer works for me :unhappy:

BUT
if you type in the address bar www.orangeworld.co.uk/r/swapable it should ask for your phone number
enter it in the box and a link will be sent to your mobile

open the text message received and click the link, that should take you to the page you need for the swapables, bear in mind theres only 2 available for this phone, Deezer and russel grant astrology

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Aiden :grin:

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Deezer looks like an excellent app. Am I right in thinking you can stream loads of music for free and there are no hidden data costs?
Yes if your on orange and have it as a swappable then it shouldnt take off your data usage, it doesnt on android anyway,,you might want to check with orange that the same is true for windows phone,, e.g it uses same address or protocol or how ever they exclude it.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
HI

i have Deezer installed as my swapable on my lumia 920, at the time i had to text "swap" to "247"
however this no longer works for me :unhappy:

BUT
if you type in the address bar www.orangeworld.co.uk/r/swapable it should ask for your phone number
enter it in the box and a link will be sent to your mobile

open the text message received and click the link, that should take you to the page you need for the swapables, bear in mind theres only 2 available for this phone, Deezer and russel grant astrology

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Aiden :grin:

Missed this post before, thanks for this info :)

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
So does Deezer work? I had heard terrible things about the quality on Windows phone 8.

I tried that link. They sent me an authentication text. I clicked it and it offered me only the Russell Grant Astrology thing. Chocolate fireguard as far as I am concerned.

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
So does Deezer work? I had heard terrible things about the quality on Windows phone 8.

I tried that link. They sent me an authentication text. I clicked it and it offered me only the Russell Grant Astrology thing. Chocolate fireguard as far as I am concerned.

I've only had it an hour or so, but it's downloading tracks and albums and so far seems to work as I'd hoped. It's unfortunate that Orange staff don't seem to be briefed to what the phone can/should do so they are useless if you need help. After assurances from a WPCentral member that the 920 can get Deezer as a swapable I was set to go into the orange shop to see if they could help, this was after spending a few frustrating hours on this days after I got the phone. There was no help elsewhere as far as I could see.

John Rich

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi!
I'm in the same boat-only Russel Grant Astrology shows up when I go to the link in the text from Orange. This has been like that since I got the phone. Anyone got any ideas about how to get hold of Deezer on a Lumia 920 as a swapable?

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I was really shocked that the link worked to be honest. I had tried the link from the call centre etc before but it didn't seem as if it realised i was a panther customer. I texted SWAP to 247 but it took a couple of weeks to send me the link. Tonight when i tried it it just worked. Orange have a windows helpdesk who are adamant that the 920 isn't compatible with deezer, which is obviously not true. Thanks to another member on here i was planning on pursuing it but hadn't managed to get to a store. I was really frustrated and know you must be, maybe text 247 again and try link again? Obviously an issue somewheree. Let me know how you get on
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express

John Rich

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Well-I got it working in the end. The word 'fiasco' springs to mind. Anyway-my problem was a bit different to to yours, Camera Chick, I think. But for the other people who've been having the problem of only one swapable showing up (Russel Grant!) when you follow the link to the Orange World page. In the settings tab of the Internet Explorer mobile browser, change the 'Website Preference' tab back to 'mobile view' rather than 'desktop view', which is what I had set mine too. Follow the link back to Orange World and 'your swapables'-and the page should display properly with the correct selection including Deezer! Well this worked for me anyway. By the way, the Orange website says we should be able to get Navigon too, on the Lumia 920 but that still didn't appear in my list...

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Well-I got it working in the end. The word 'fiasco' springs to mind. Anyway-my problem was a bit different to to yours, Camera Chick, I think. But for the other people who've been having the problem of only one swapable showing up (Russel Grant!) when you follow the link to the Orange World page. In the settings tab of the Internet Explorer mobile browser, change the 'Website Preference' tab back to 'mobile view' rather than 'desktop view', which is what I had set mine too. Follow the link back to Orange World and 'your swapables'-and the page should display properly with the correct selection including Deezer! Well this worked for me anyway. By the way, the Orange website says we should be able to get Navigon too, on the Lumia 920 but that still didn't appear in my list...
Great that you got it sorted!

EDIT I just wasted ages, so this might help someone, I can't delete tracks/albums on the app, so I did it through the Deezer site and delete from there.

Last edited:

Camera Chick

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Check John Rich post above - he seems to have solved that mystery :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs