Turns off / Crashes once a day

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
... i'm still waiting portico on my phone but i do not have big hope it will fix the reboot problem. ...
I had the same problem. So I got tired of waiting for Portico and flashed the phone myself last weekend. Phone hasn't rebooted after that ... :angel: So there is hope ...

In addition - I had random freezes. That was NOT fixed by Portico. But I found another thread which suggested that Facebook sync could be the problem. So I deleted the facebook account from my phone (don't use it, anyway) - and no more freeze (since Tuesday).

Last edited:

heredot90

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I have lumia 820 and had The same problem kast week, then i did a hard reset and havent been using sim lock since then. So far no shutting off... By the way, some say accuweather could cause the,problem so i dont use that app on my phone...

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Like everyone else, I've been suspecting apps of causing the issues and gradually getting rid of them. But ... it always happens again.

If the only fix is to turn off WiFi, that's a pretty huge feature to lose! I think I'd rather soft reset and redo the time (plus miss a few calls/messages).

meandu229

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
This is ridiculous. Like everyone else, I've been suspecting apps of causing the issues and gradually getting rid of them. But ... it always happens again.

If the only fix is to turn off WiFi, that's a pretty huge feature to lose! I think I'd rather soft reset and redo the time (plus miss a few calls/messages).
Mine does it too I am testing the leave wifi on when screen locked and up to 24hours now no crash so hopefully it will continue,, might be worth a shot

siero2h

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
...so bad news! :unhappysweat:

at this point i really thing is an hardware issue.. i don't think some app or facebook sync, portico or not portico are the problems, yeah maybe have the phone working less it helps not to have problems...

I'm gonna go for a change of the phone, but maybe i will wait some time, like a couple of month, I don't wanna change it to have one that is worst.
In my opinion they could fix it with a "second production" of phone.

To make it much more complex to me is that i bought it in italy this last hollyday and now i'm living in spain. Actually the problem happen when i move here in spain.

Does anyone know about international warranty?

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've not had the same seriousness of problems you have, but the other day my phone froze whilst using it (on an App, maybe fb), but then it came back after pressing and sliding - the screen had just turned black. I thought it could have been a memory leak as I know of one App which has that problem.

Quin452

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
...so bad news! :unhappysweat:

at this point i really thing is an hardware issue.. i don't think some app or facebook sync, portico or not portico are the problems, yeah maybe have the phone working less it helps not to have problems...

I'm gonna go for a change of the phone, but maybe i will wait some time, like a couple of month, I don't wanna change it to have one that is worst.
In my opinion they could fix it with a "second production" of phone.

To make it much more complex to me is that i bought it in italy this last hollyday and now i'm living in spain. Actually the problem happen when i move here in spain.

Does anyone know about international warranty?
I simply return the item if it is faulty, regardless of country of origin (for instance UK-US); if you bought it on holiday, then there shouldn't be an issue.

siero2h

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
I simply return the item if it is faulty, regardless of country of origin (for instance UK-US); if you bought it on holiday, then there shouldn't be an issue.

yeah i guess,
so if i bought it in a store in italy you think if i go in a store here in spain, that sells nokia, they will change it? even if it's not the store i bought it?
or maybe i need to find a nokia official store or something?

and if the warranty it's one year (or two) should not be a problem if i go change it after a couple of month i bought it? i would like to wait until nokia really solve this problem.

carlosrdd

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Same for me too. I'm on my 2nd 920 and it's crashing about once a day and now location and time are getting out of sync. Is it just me or wasn't portico supposed to fix all this?

siero2h

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok! I wanna bring up this thread again, because i can say that i defiantly find what was the problem with my phone, lumia 920. Still not sure, but has been 3 weeks without a reboot or any problem at all.

For me was using a samsung galaxy 2 charger. I'm very happy now with the phone, was not skype, was not portico, was not whatsapp.. It was kind of hard to figure it out, because the reboot could happen few hours after unplug the phone, some times even after half a day..

So i would advice to who have reboot issue, to check it out, if you use a diferent charger, in the car, or other people charger, or a no nokia charger it might be the cause.

O will keep you update if the phone will reboot again or anything.. I hope this will help simeone.

benrp

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
Have had the same issue. I eventually tried to do a factory reset which caused just stalled and had to be sent for repair, same issue is happening now.

GDannyboy

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't be without my phone for a week while it gets replaced, and it sounds like there's no guarantee the replacement won't have the same issues. Disabling WiFi seems to resolve the issue, and I've been working with Microsoft/Nokia to see if this is a software issue that can be patched.

So, my Lumia was crashing, locking up, or rebooting on its own, I also had issues with the auto brightness, even after the updates that were suppose to fix these errors were installed. Sent my phone to Nokia for repair. They said they fixed my phone, still have the same issues. This is my third 920 BTW.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Since I updated to Portico, my yellow Unlocked Lumia 920 crashes daily. It usually happens when I open an app and connected to wifi+Data ( at my home). Sometimes it also happened when I was out and not connected to wifi. I'm gonna observe this for several days and connect only wifi or data and see what happens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss