Screen Crash (very weird)

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
So recently my Nokia Lumia 920 screen crashed and all I see is a mix of colored pixels on the screen and I can't do anything, can't turn it off, what should I do?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
First start by holding the power button and the down volume button both for about 20 seconds to see if it will power off and restart. Then post back.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
That is weird that it froze with the colors on the screen. I have had a couple of crashes in the almost 3 months I have had the 920 every time the screen was black. I haven't had any lockups sense the Portico update. Have you updated yet?

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Screen Crash (very weird)h

That is weird that it froze with the colors on the screen. I have had a couple of crashes in the almost 3 months I have had the 920 every time the screen was black. I haven't had any lockups sense the Portico update. Have you updated yet?

Yes I updated portico. At the time of crash I was using Skype,I've noticed WP gets very glitchy with Skype. The screen looked like an abstract piece of art lol

janelin

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Was it like a "white noise" screen? I got that once, after using the phone for about a week. I was talking on the phone while it was charging (from a regular electrical outlet), and it got quite overheated. When I was done talking and put the phone down, it looked like that. Had to google how to soft reset the phone, which thankfully helped.

Hasn't happened to me since, but I'm having regular (pretty much daily) problems with the phone just restarting - typically that I take it up after not having used it for a while, and the screen is all black just saying "Nokia" in white text and nothing happens. Have to soft reset the phone every time. Also, from time to time, it will prompt me to enter my PIN-code. Weird indeed.

Mosov

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Was it like a "white noise" screen? I got that once, after using the phone for about a week. I was talking on the phone while it was charging (from a regular electrical outlet), and it got quite overheated. When I was done talking and put the phone down, it looked like that. Had to google how to soft reset the phone, which thankfully helped.

Hasn't happened to me since, but I'm having regular (pretty much daily) problems with the phone just restarting - typically that I take it up after not having used it for a while, and the screen is all black just saying "Nokia" in white text and nothing happens. Have to soft reset the phone every time. Also, from time to time, it will prompt me to enter my PIN-code. Weird indeed.

No it was more colorful than white noise. Some pixel failure, idk. Looked like a piece of abstract art. I was using skype when it happened.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss