Detroit Michigan 920 Users

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I work in Detroit, at the RenCen. I noticed that my phone's power use it much higher when I am at work. I think it may be due to the close proximity of Windsor, Canada. For those of you not familiar with Detroit, the RenCen is right on the river, directly across from Canada. I have observed andywhere from 15% to 30% more battery draw than whne I am at home. Anyone else running into this? Is there a setting I should change to lessen this?

jwaisanen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's the 4G/LTE reception up there - I'm only downtown occasionally for work but haven't noticed any unusual battery drains. Did your previous phones have the issue? My building in Farmington Hills gets crappy reception so perhaps it's just a problem with being inside the big tower...

B T C

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you on LTE at work and at home? I've noticed a significant increase in battery drain in LTE areas compared to AT&T's typical 4G. I'm in Lansing, btw. Not that it really matters. When I was home in Kentucky for the holidays, my battery life sucked, and the signal was always LTE.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's the 4G/LTE reception up there - I'm only downtown occasionally for work but haven't noticed any unusual battery drains. Did your previous phones have the issue? My building in Farmington Hills gets crappy reception so perhaps it's just a problem with being inside the big tower...

4 out of 5 bars for LTE reception. Removed phone from chatger at 6:30 this morning. AT 9:00 am it's down to 90%. Checked some emails, twitter,updated one program (2mb), talked to one friend on whatsapp ( he's too cheap to get the text package). So any ideas are welcome.

Mark Rozanski

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Are you on LTE at work and at home? I've noticed a significant increase in battery drain in LTE areas compared to AT&T's typical 4G. I'm in Lansing, btw. Not that it really matters. When I was home in Kentucky for the holidays, my battery life sucked, and the signal was always LTE.

Is there a way to turn phone to 4G instead of LTE, I know it was possible with my Lumia 900. And yes, I am on LTE all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss