White 920 - white finish chipping off around camera area

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hard on my gadgets.. I'll definitely be getting a case for the new one... and try not to jinx myself by bragging about how indestructible my new Nokia is lol

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Been using my previous iphone4 for the last couple of days with the 920 out of commission... I have to admit, I miss certain functions that the iOS has that just makes everything easy... like being able to post pics on the fly. (not to mention being able to see embedded YouTube vids on certain vbulletin forums I frequent.. as well as being able to upload vids right from the phone to YouTube *sigh*

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just checked my tracking info this morning... my 920 is on the FedEx truck right here in town! w00t!

For some reason I'm excited.. even though they're sending me a "refurb" 920. I was thinking maybe a "refurb" will actually be "better" than one of the batch of "new" phones they released with all the issues?? I mean, who refurbishes these phones? Nokia?

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm hard on my gadgets.

Yea, that's an understatement, haha. Did the iPhone break at home too? Maybe just need a rug near your couch!

I had never tried to add an image and just gave it a trial...but yea...that is a pain in the buns. How does the iOS do it better? They host photos for you like SkyDrive? SkyDrive trades off ease for security...which gets REALLY annoying at times...but such is life until people learn to just not post things AT ALL that they don't want everyone to see.

I guess we trade off the difficulty of posting to a forum for the ease of posting to Facebook and Twitter? The latter is done MUCH more often by the general public.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah true, the ease of posting to Facebook/Twitter with these phones is what appeals to the younger generation of users I guess.

I love the skydrive integration and everything that comes with the Windows Phone 8 OS, but what had me spoiled was the ability to copy the "IMG" tags right from within the Photobucket (where I've hosted all my pics for years through 4 generations of iPhones) mobile app for iOS and post my pics on the fly in forums threads(vBulletin etc). The Photobucket app for WP8 doesn't have that functionality (yet?) and I don't think there's been an update for it since its release. The skydrive app doesn't help in this area yet either.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Got the "refurb" now?
Not yet.. FedEx should be here with it any minute now... I keep looking out the window thinking I'm hearing a truck.

Hurry UP FEDEX!!! I'm having Lumia 920 withdrawals!!!

Btw, I went up to at AT&T store today and bought an Otterbox Defender case for the Nokia...

AND... I've been thinking about my pic posting issue, I it suddenly hit me; I can just carry my iphone4 along with me and post my pics when needed using the Internet sharing function of the 920! jeez I'm smart! :/

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Got my replacement! Now.. Is there a way to restore a backup? Or do I have to manually reinstall everything?

I've never had to do it, but have watched some vids on it.

Pretty painless restore process? You have to manually set all the apps to re-install though, it just gives you a list, right?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never had to do it, but have watched some vids on it.

Pretty painless restore process? You have to manually set all the apps to re-install though, it just gives you a list, right?

I did a hard reset on my Ativ S to try to fix the duplicate track issue (didn't work) and I chose to restore backup when setting up the phone and it redownloaded them all automatically. Very convenient! (raped my data allowance, though, so use WiFi if possible)

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
temporary-30.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
My flawless Nokia went straight from the FedEx truck into it's Otterbox case. Also picked up the wireless charging plate while I was out...

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It pains me to see a Lumia 920 in such a hideous case.

I don't think this Otterbox is all that hideous... I actually think it's kinda sexy. Everyone I've showed it to at work was like "awwwe sweeet!"

And what's inside the case is a perfect, scratch free and protected Nokia 920!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon