White 920 - white finish chipping off around camera area

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Just noticed this this morning.. I'll try to take/post a pic later, but the glossy finish of my white Lumia 920 is starting to chip away around the rear camera (the Carl Zeiss thing). Kinda bummed out about it, as I've been bragging about Nokia's otherwise outstanding build quality. :(

I do have insurance on this beast though! :)

Anyone else having this issue? I don't have a case or cover for my 920.. Been naked since day one. Phone's about two months old now.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had mine for about a month now, and nothing going on like that (white glossy as well). I'd say, time to try a return/replacement, and if that doesn't work out, try the insurance route.

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I love my lumia 920 as much as anybody else but I think maybe its time we all stop bragging about Nokia's build quality. Nearly everyone on this forum has received at least 1 warranty replacement. There are so many different manufacturing issues its dizzying. I have to wonder how many of their touted 4.4 million sales were swallowed with all these warranty returns. My wife and I will have consumed 6 units between us.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, that's an attempt at "sharing" a SkyDrive picture^^ For some reason, my Photobucket app isn't working right this morning. Imagine that.... Errrghh

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I had to boot up the PC to post these pics.. trying to "share" them with the phone/skydrive was about to drive me bat**** insane..

photo29.jpg

photo28.jpg

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well.... I was all worried about the white finish chipping off the back of my 920, then tonight it slid off my lap from a seated position, fell 2 feet onto a ceramic tile floor and completely SHATTERED the screen! :(

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'll be utilizing that insurance after all..

And when I pick up my new 920, I'll buy an Otterbox for the damn thing! (or something)

matthewryans

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It seems like the high-gloss finish is wearing off. My black Lumia is also slightly disappointing. The Lens cover (Carl-Zeiss thingy) has scratches around the edges and the screen has one very light scratch already. Been through it for about 2 weeks. Casing hasn't arrived from HK yet..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte