Issues sending SMS? Anyone?

Hiiiiiiiii

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My friend and I experience an issue where sometimes SMS won't be sent for the first time, it just says try again.

Did not have this issue with WP7/7.5.

Anyone had similar experiences? I usually just click send and quit to the home screen, just like in WP 7

Last edited:

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had a few messages fail but the delivery notification says it will try to send the message again later, which it then does successfully. It usually happens when either me or the recipient is in a poor signal area.

CaptDjob

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with that two times, giving error message. Tried to make a phone call=> nothing, just silence. Asked girlfriend to call my phone => directly to voicemail. It somehow was disconnected from cellular network. The operator icon was there and also full bars on cellular connectivity. Switching to offline and back solved the problem.

The shop where I bought the phone, the girl behind the desk had her Lumia 920 that had problems receiving/sending sms. When switching sim -card to another phone, all messages came through (also the older ones). She sent that one to service

MuddyD

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with texting and it all went away when I turned "Group Text" on in the text settings. Don't know why that would fix it, but it did.

JGtz

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Two and about a half months owning the phone and I recall only 4 messages out of hundreds sent not being able to send. Very low percentage but still an anomaly.AT&T Colorado

EDIT: It seems you have cursed me, my last two sms's are not sending... way to go.

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I had problems with that two times, giving error message. Tried to make a phone call=> nothing, just silence. Asked girlfriend to call my phone => directly to voicemail. It somehow was disconnected from cellular network. The operator icon was there and also full bars on cellular connectivity. Switching to offline and back solved the problem.

The shop where I bought the phone, the girl behind the desk had her Lumia 920 that had problems receiving/sending sms. When switching sim -card to another phone, all messages came through (also the older ones). She sent that one to service

I've had similar issues. I've only noticed it with my girlfriend but sometimes she'll send a message and I won't get it for a couple of hours. I thought that was the extent of it. Yesterday she called me 3 times to ask a question and I didn't get any of the calls. She tried again right next to me and her phone rang but mine didn't. She sent me a text then too and it didn't come through. I tried sending her one and it failed. I restarted my phone and it started working again.

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Att in Dallas. Owned 920 since launch and average 20-25 texts a day across networks and have had zero fail to sends since I got phone. I think if it was phone issue it would be more wide spread. I would say its probably carrier/location specific. Did you get a new sim card with phone or use old sim? I would start there if using old sim Att should give you a new one at no charge. Could also be just some tower repair or maintenance issue. Just guessing. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro