QC Passed Sticker on AT&T Box = No Issues?

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
My first 920 only had the dust and creaking issues. Since I was concerned the creaking/loose screen might become an issue in the future, I exchanged my 920 at an AT&T store. I noticed a QC Passed sticker on the box. The first phone did not have this sticker. My phone also came with Portico already installed.

It has been 3 weeks since the replacement and there is no dust or creaking, need to soft/hard reset, freezing, over heating, no wireless charging problems (use charging pad nightly), or any other issue people are posting about.

How many people are issue free/having issues with a 920 that had this sticker?

Sinabu

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Mine was the same way. Got my replacement Dec23rd. No lock ups at all even wireless charging and no dust under the FFC. The only thing I did notice that is still present is the differennce in the glass at the top. That is still there but it's not that big of a deal. Everything else is great

tibere86

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have yet to see the sticker and I am on my 2nd replacement for dust in FFC issues. I am reluctant to try another replacement as this phone has zero rattling when vibrating and just feels more solidly built than my previous two phones. Maybe I will try going thru Nokia Care rather than AT&T for my next replacement.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
The quality assurance checks are usually made by taking a handful (not literally, but meaning some 5-8, maybe) of boxes from a larger shipping box (that could have several dozen phones). So the sticker probaby does guarantee that it wont have any immediate flaws in the hardware and on a quick test the software worked properly too. The test per phone isnt overly long, so something like battery issues might go unnoticed.

There's this QA team who's just about only job is to do these random tests on small batches of phone from different cells.

bevmo73

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My first red 920 from AT&T with QA sticker had a faulty antenna or radio / could not get service - my replacement one (no QA sticker) has been flawless (hardware).

ragingklu

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I think that just means it was one of the few selected to run whatever gauntlet of tests they throw at the phones. Like Coreldan said, the testing probably isn't incredibly intensive, so it's possible defects will still get through.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The quality assurance checks are usually made by taking a handful (not literally, but meaning some 5-8, maybe) of boxes from a larger shipping box (that could have several dozen phones). So the sticker probaby does guarantee that it wont have any immediate flaws in the hardware and on a quick test the software worked properly too. The test per phone isnt overly long, so something like battery issues might go unnoticed.

There's this QA team who's just about only job is to do these random tests on small batches of phone from different cells.

well said. also every major manufacturer does this kind of QC. there isnt enough time to check every phone. noone would get their phone in a timely manner. this is why you see on every phone forum there are people that have problems with that model. if you have this kind of mindset, you will understand that you have a chance to get a faulty device. so you should just exchange til you get one that isnt faulty. this is also a reason why there's the 30 day exchange window from most retailers.

paddylaz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My first 920 only had the dust and creaking issues. Since I was concerned the creaking/loose screen might become an issue in the future, I exchanged my 920 at an AT&T store. I noticed a QC Passed sticker on the box. The first phone did not have this sticker. My phone also came with Portico already installed.

It has been 3 weeks since the replacement and there is no dust or creaking, need to soft/hard reset, freezing, over heating, no wireless charging problems (use charging pad nightly), or any other issue people are posting about.

How many people are issue free/having issues with a 920 that had this sticker?

Out of interest, do you or anyone else reading this NOT have THIS on at least one of the four sides of your phone?

http://discussions.nokia.com/discus...ith_Windows_Phone/30650/1/2012-12-15-1679.jpg

You need to go to a dark area, put on a dark background/scroll to the top/bottom of the home screen if necessary and angle the phone right. Haven't seen a 920 without it and just wondering if it's a manufacturing problem they can't help or whether I've just seen a couple of lemons. Thanks.

kuffcakes

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Out of interest, do you or anyone else reading this NOT have THIS on at least one of the four sides of your phone?

http://discussions.nokia.com/discus...ith_Windows_Phone/30650/1/2012-12-15-1679.jpg

You need to go to a dark area, put on a dark background/scroll to the top/bottom of the home screen if necessary and angle the phone right. Haven't seen a 920 without it and just wondering if it's a manufacturing problem they can't help or whether I've just seen a couple of lemons. Thanks.

Just checked this out for you and there is no light leak. I noticed a little light on the bottom left and right sides but that was only from the back arrow and the search button. When those dimmed, the light went away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium