Weird Battery Saver glitch

FCastle88

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 for a couple weeks now, so far I've been lucky and haven't had any of the glitches, poor construction, battery issues, etc., however I just discovered a weird glitch with the battery saver mode. I have to leave my phone in a locker while I'm at work, it can't get a signal in there so usually I turn my phone off so it doesn't drain the battery searching for a signal. Yesterday, I decided to leave the phone on to see how much it actually drained the battery with battery saver turned on. Phone was in the locker for a couple hours, got it out and after 5 minutes it still didn't have a signal, so turned it off and back on and it worked fine. Put it back in my locker, couple hours later I get it out and it says the signal strength is 3 bars, but there's an E where the 4G should be. Internet Explorer and texting worked, though sometimes it would take a couple tries, but the signal meter kept going back and forth between 3 bars and no signal, and always had the E instead of 4G. Turned off and on again, decided to try turning battery saver off while it was in my locker, this seemed to prevent the issue, though it had drained 5% of my battery over 2 hours in standby mode. I'm assuming the battery saver mode is is stopping the phone from searching for a signal after not finding one after a certain amount of time, to conserve battery power, but for some reason it won't reconnect correctly when there is a signal again. Has anyone else had this problem, and/or have any ideas how to fix it? I usually keep battery saver turned on, and if I'm in an area with a poor signal, I don't want to have to keep turning the phone on and off to find a signal.

FCastle88

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
There was a guy here reporting a similar issue - he worked in a building with poor AT&T signal and had to turn airplane mode on/off if I remember to get 4G back.

Found it:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ide-then-no-lte-sig-outside-until-reboot.html

Thanks, I'll give that a try next time I'm at work and see if it works. Bit annoying to have to toggle stuff on and off to get it to work, but since I managed to avoid all the other problems I keep reading about, don't really want to return the phone and roll the dice on another one. Fortunately pretty much everywhere around here has a decent signal, so shouldn't be an issue too often.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I'll give that a try next time I'm at work and see if it works. Bit annoying to have to toggle stuff on and off to get it to work, but since I managed to avoid all the other problems I keep reading about, don't really want to return the phone and roll the dice on another one. Fortunately pretty much everywhere around here has a decent signal, so shouldn't be an issue too often.

I don't think the issue is your specific phone, rather a bug which they should fix during some future firmware update if they're not asleep.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)