Laminating Lumia 920

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I just laminated my Lumia 920 in order to protect it form Micro Scratches. Will it void the warranty? The film used on the back side is custom custom film not something that is specifically provided in the market. For the screen I used a screenguard, however because of curved screen the screen guard formed a border on the side

George Ponder

Editor
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
I wouldn't see why. There's adhesive skins out there that do just about the same thing and then there's screen protectors as well. Never heard of either voiding a warranty.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't see why. There's adhesive skins out there that do just about the same thing and then there's screen protectors as well. Never heard of either voiding a warranty.

I do have a screenguard / screen protector which covers the screen from top till bottom but on side because of being courved edges it didn't cover the whole screen. Some time I purchased an adhesive skin which even after reading the instructions, I failed to wrap in my device, so the whole thing went into waste. So this time i went to a loacl shop who had a customized film that can be used for any purpose. He laminated it. But I read somewhere on internet that this lamination somehow affects the battery, therefore Nokia doesn't recommend, laminating their phones. But Lumia 920 is glossy and I had to save it from Micro scratches

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720