Overheating and camera problem

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
When I work with Lumia 920 for a while back of the phone gets hot and if I try to open camera the phone freezes or restarts, even after restarting the phone camera won't start until the phone cools down ! Does anybody has this problem or not ?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had this problem with the L920, but I did with various Android phones. I learned that part of it was that the screen creates a lot of heat when it's on, and uses a lot of GPU power. Too much heat messes with the functionality of a CPU or a GPU and can cause issues such as reboots. It's why so many computers have HUGE fans just to be stable.

It may be any number of things so, my question to you is, how long are you using your phone before it gets hot? What are you doing with it (editing lots of docs, playing games, making a video, etc)?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Playing graphics intensive games can cause this (I can confirm that my phone gets pretty hot while playing "Where's My Water"). I've had it heat up a BIT while I was playing around with groups of people, but it didn't cause my phone to lock up. Do you have the Portico update?

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Also, have you noticed anything weird like the battery draining quickly while you aren't using it? There may also be a rogue app running in the background eating up processing power and causing the phone to unnecessarily heat up.

datisdesign

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I haven't received portico update yet, I'm in middle east. My phone drain about 5% every hour in idle mode. I have 4 apps running in background

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, it definitely sounds like something is using your battery up. Do you have bluetooth on all the time? How about NFC? I know that when I had NFC on all the time, even after the Portico update, I had some issues like you're seeing. Turn off Tap+send and see how that treats your battery/heating.

bawboh86

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked in Settings->Applications->Background Tasks. Try turning some stuff off here to make sure that something isn't killing it in the background. Now, like I said, games will overheat the phone and kill it, so keep that in mind. I'm wondering if the other issues into which you're aren't caused just because you haven't updated to Portico yet, and I'm afraid there's no information about when it's to hit your region. I'd say, check the background tasks. If you have Nokia Drive installed, make sure it's not allowed to run in the background.

Oh! When you say "everything", does that include location services? I've known of some people having issues with GPS killing it. Also, maybe try to revive this thread and see if you can get anyone to respond to it there (someone may be watching out for it, still): http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...browsing-something-worry-about-over-time.html

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
In my case overheating usually happens while browsing using 3G and while playing games. Yesterday I was playing that game perry and had skype on. It got so hot I was wondering, how did the CPU survived such heat. Usually these CPUs are designed to get hot upto 85 degrees CC. But if it reach 95+ it will restart.

I think we need few more firmware updates in order to overcome heating issue. Mine is Peurtico pre installed

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
The heating does happen my 920 as well, mostly playing games... I'm usually locked up playing Rise of Glory.. Have played for 2hours continuous and did experience heating but never a hang or a reboot,but the game did substantially drain 30% of my battery...

WoWNyx

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia does get hot when you charge it but that happens to all phone. If your phone keeps freezing you should go back to Nokia and get it looked at.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
My phone switched itself of yesterday after recording a 5min video. It took a soft reset to get it going again. Today I go to take a photo and it failed to save the image to the phone, this is the 3rd time I have had this problem in 5 weeks of owning it. I would love to get a replacement but I know its not going to happen, Thailand replacement policy is only 7 days.
My phone also has random battery drain issues, some days it lasts 18 hours other days 5-6.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa