Is Nokia going to fix the brightness issues after Portico?

scumdogmillionaire

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, the brightness fluctuation is driving me nuts since the Portico update. Is this something Nokia can fix with one of their Store updates, or is this a firmware thing? Is anyone else still seeing it as badly as I am? Worked great before Portico, now in some rooms its dim, if you tilt it ever so slightly its bright, then tilt back it's dim again. In the blackest of rooms its eye scorching bright!

I've tried the "take it in a dark room and turn it off then back on" trick... no go. Am I the only one still seeing this? Not seeing any recent complaints.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
It still happens on mine too, and it is frustrating. I am having lunch with Elop right now so let me ask him if they are going to fix it?

He says ?maybe?. Then he laughed and said, ?Just don?t hold it that way?.

irspecere

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes it happens to my phone too and it is very annoying. I've tried all the suggested fixes as well. I hope they do send out an update for it, but I'm beginning to lose hope since it has been a while since the problem started.

OleWild

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I have the same problem on my L920 and it's very annoying. I turned off the auto adjust feature and just set it manually due the constant problems in auto. However, it still goes crazy at times. I can have it set on medium brightness and BAM it will kick into super bright for some unknown reason and stay there. I have to go back into settings, which will show it's still set to medium, set it to low and then back to medium in order to get it to dim....PAIN IN THE BUTT! PLEASE FIX!!!

johnnylai

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
same problem to 820 too.
and the low setting is not low enough :/
i hope they change the setting ui to bar that can adjust in many stage of brightness. Like my old symbian phone :)

Beltelmel

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
This was affecting mine also, in fact in dimly lit rooms the screen brightness (set on auto and low) was so damn dim it was hard to read anything on it. I noticed after a couple of hard resets that this fluctuation started happening not as a result of portico, but as a result of the "display + touch" update that came a day or so after portico update. I have not updated the "display + touch" (the update notification is still in my store tile) and the "too dim" issue is gone. Been good for almost a month now.

Kmaki

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
It's happening on mine too. I tried the fix by turning it on in a dark room and it didn't help. I just turned off the auto and put it on the lowest setting.

ksbanderson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
For me I have auto off, and still think low is too bright normally. So when I reboot to it being super bright, despite it being on low, its really annoying. I have to set it to medium or high, and then back to low again. Can we just have a damn slider?

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue with original phone, but my replacement unit from AT&T (it came with Portico pre-installed, although without Nokia's own "patches" like "display+touch", which I installed myself) doesn't seem to have it... Not sure why :-/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo