How do I clear ALL data and passwords from my phone?

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi

My phone is going to be replaced tomorrow due to the static and popping sounds coming from the speaker. I need to clear my wallet and all passwords. How do I do this to ensure everything is wiped?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
This will clear all data and info on your phone, contacts,passwords, everything go to settings, go to about, near the bottom is reset your phone.
be care full" this will clear all...
hope this helps.

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the reset thing previously, but that was on the day I got my phone, so no passwords were set up.

Thought that would do it, just wanted to be sure.

Thanks.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Note that the apps that cost money will present a "buy" button even though you have already bought the app. Just tap it and the next screen will show that you bought it and ask if you want to reinstall. You won't be charged twice.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Another way is go to the store (windowsphone.com) log in go to your phone top right corner than "purchase history" and you will see all your purchases and free apps that you have ever installed. Just hit the reinstall app.
Hope this helps...

peachy001

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Thanks people. It was actually easier than I thought. I had backed up my app list and settings, when I logged in with the new phone, hey presto, it began to download every app!

Sadly, the new phone does also exhibit the same pops and crackles.... Sad times.

Weirdly, it feels lighter and a little less slippery. I am assuming the finish will get slowly more slippery as time goes on.

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Another way is go to the store (windowsphone.com) log in go to your phone top right corner than "purchase history" and you will see all your purchases and free apps that you have ever installed. Just hit the reinstall app.
Hope this helps...

you must have push notifications in "find my phone" in your phone options enabled for windowsphone.com to work. or have find my phone turned on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium