Anyway to manage backups?

scottsenior

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to have my phone replaced and turned the device on before having my sim in, which meant I couldn't restore initially from the backup I made prior to sending my phone in. However, by the time the sim was in and I did a hard reset to restore my old backup, a new backup had been created with the factory settings. Anyway to delete the new backup to restore from a previous one?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Not AFAIK, but there should be multiple backup images to be restore to. I've needed to restore about 5 times now on 4 different devices so the last time I went to the restore screen I saw 5 backup states I could restore to, each one with a different date. Are you only seeing the one backup?

scottsenior

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I only see one. And the one I see, which was made today, was done simply off of automatic settings. I had the same auto-backup settings previously as well as manually backing up the phone on several occasions, particularly in the exact state immediately prior to sending it away. Is there anyway to look at the backup files online?

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice if you could verify if it's at least there... alas, it is not possible to look at them online :/ Unless someone else can chime into this thread with better advice, the only thing I can think of (since it should still be working, whether the device was refurbished or replaced) is to hard reset AGAIN and see if they reappear on the 2nd try. If not, perhaps Microsoft Support may have an idea... I only suggest the 2nd hard reset because it took me a 2nd hard reset before the "Find my phone" feature would work properly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium