Not receiving phone calls

fieldsy1024

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
This happened a couple different times now.

My dad told me he called me 3 times earlier, which I have not gotten. Once I called him, all of the voicemails popped up from earlier.

Anyone have this issue?

djrakowski

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The same thing has been happening to me. If I leave the phone alone for a few hours, I stop receiving calls and text messages, and I've missed several important calls as a result. I'm using an HTC Windows Phone 8X on T-Mobile.

fieldsy1024

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
happened again, but now couldnt send or receive texts

I turned phone off and on and it works now. Should I just turn phone on and off every day just so it works?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
take it to the place you bought it or a store with techs and see if they can figure it out. If they cant they should give you a new one or send it for repairs. Or contact Nokia and see what they will do.

kclub

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
This happened to me as well. My girlfriend said she called me many times but I received none of them, and no missed call.

DaveDash

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing this as well. I cannot receive texts or phone calls after a while, but I can send fine. As soon as I send one myself, all my calls and texts come through.
Seems to happen after the Portico update.

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble making calls. I hear nothing on my end but the number I'm calling rings and the person answering gets nothing. I have to turn my phone off and on to get it to work properly.

tim2000s

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I too have been having this problem, and have had it almost since getting the phone. I have been in touch with EE in the UK to try and get it resolved, but it took a number of attempts for them to see the issue arise. Reading through a search on Google suggests that it is present in Windows Phone 8 devices and has shown up on the Nokia 920 and the HTC 8X. Having had a number of conversations with EE in the UK, it seems there is an issue with the 4G to 3G handover which is required to use the voice services. iOS 6 had a problem with it, which was fixed in the 6.1 update. Windows Phone 8 also seems to have a problem with it, but this doesn't appear to have been fixed in the Portico update.

The only fix that seems to work is to set your mobile network to use 3G as its fastest conenction, which means that you gain no benefit from the service you are paying for (in the UK at least) of 4G.

As I said, this seems to be an issue with the OS rather than the network and the fact that it is being seen globally on different handsets appears to back it up. I'd like to think that Microsoft would take note of the increasing number of complaints raised in forums, but I suspect that it won't get fixed and I'll have to continue to pay over the odds for a service I can't use.

GG916

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Went to AT&T to get my SIM card replaced (no, it doesn't cost anything) and the guy did say it was an AT&T problem in my area (Northern VA/Wash DC) due to the upgrade of the towers to LTE. He said he has an iPhone and the same thing happens to him. The "fix" time on the problem is within 30 days. He did replace the SIM card anyway so I'll see if that helps. But before everyone starts trading out their phones, you might want to check to see if it's just AT&T with the issue.

Jithinredsmoke

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
I am getting almost same problem.. I am not getting calls for half n hour and after half n hour people call and complain where the hell you are tried too many times and all. Also after receiving a call from other person my network go empty and a minute or so it come back. Give me a solution.!!

Teddraper

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I notice these threads are from 2013, but I experienced the problem last night. My wife called me several times and also texted me but nothing came through. I wasn't even aware there was an issue until she came home and asked me why I wasn't answering her calls or text. I showed her my phone which didn't show either of her calls or messages. So I reset my phone and then the calls and text came through. It's been two years since it seems like this problem cropped up. Has there been any solutions since? Are people still having the same problem as I am. I have the Lumia 950.

Sebastian_JNk

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I notice these threads are from 2013, but I experienced the problem last night. My wife called me several times and also texted me but nothing came through. I wasn't even aware there was an issue until she came home and asked me why I wasn't answering her calls or text. I showed her my phone which didn't show either of her calls or messages. So I reset my phone and then the calls and text came through. It's been two years since it seems like this problem cropped up. Has there been any solutions since? Are people still having the same problem as I am. I have the Lumia 950.

I have Lumia 950, and in the last two days i'm having this issue. I did a factory reset now. I'm from EU (network Orange), if the reset won't work, i will go to the carrier to see maybe is SIM problem.

Did you find any solution teddraper?

David Malt

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Same thing happened to me yesterday, called Three and they say no problems. The phone does receive from some numbers but not others??
Hard reset didn't help :(

rjatoronto

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Re: Not receiving phone calls - Lumia 950XL - Toronto

I purchased two Lumia phones through the Microsoft Store here in Toronto a coupe of weeks ago - one for myself, one for my wife - we started having the problem described - not receiving phone calls within a week of purchase. Her phone seems to be working as she has avoided Quiet Hours - mine is hit and miss. Usually I can reboot and the problem goes away - until the next day - today - I have rebooted several times and still am not receiving calls.

When I first had the issue, I called Bell - my provider - as I assumed it was their problem - they escalated and found no issue. Microsoft replaced the phone and I put in a new SIM card - still having problems. Can't trust that the phone is working. Need it for work...

One of the support persons at the The Microsoft Store here is now looking into the issue and that's how I found this thread - hopefully he will be able to find a resolve - I am now thinking I may have to revert back to my Blackberry Z30 until this issue is solved - or return the phone altogether and find something else - I was hoping to stay within the Windows universe but....... very frustrating....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb