Looking for headphones with Mic, Volume, and Play/Pause/Next/Prev

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I've searched, but to no avail..

I'm looking for a headset/headphones/earbuds that are compatible with my Lumia 920. I need the type that has 3 buttons - a volume up, volume down, and third button that has the Play/Pause/Next/Prev functionality. I would like a microphone as well! I have a pair of Samsung earbuds like this (came with the Focus S I believe), but the 3rd button does nothing when plugged into the Lumia 920.

I do know about the Nokia Purity, but that is entirely too large - I'd prefer something much smaller or in-ear buds.

Thank you! :grin:

Stephen Vogel

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
You could check out Motorola Motorokr S305. They connect via Bluetooth and are the neck band type. They have volume and track controls and are fairly light and compact. Depending on what part of the world you are in you should be able to pick some up for 50 bucks?

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Look into ue350vm by Logitech. The sound is amazing! It has volume up down and play pause, call/end. Just not sure about the next or previous tracks. But these headphones are simply stunning and there only $59. Personally I'd put these on par with the $100 to $120 dollar pairs out there. And they come with a case and several different size silicone tips. And there sweat resistant. (Mine also came with extra cable thingy to use something about connections). Also another tid bit is they come with a two year warranty from the mfg, which is great. �� there earbuds.

angelsimaren

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to buy a pair of headphones that have volume control buttons, and a mic button. I have been using my Zune v2 headphones for years though now my connector is starting to come apart due to the constant pulling of the cord over the years. These headphones I've been looking at also have the cloth covered cord, so that the headphones are less prone to tangle up. But...they are kinda crazy looking! I actually saw them at a local store, and thought they were pretty neat and then looked at a review.

The audio connector on the headphones is very sturdy, especially when you pull it out of the audio jack. That for me is a major concern since my new Samsung Ativ 700t tablet's audio jack seems to be a tight fit on my Zune headphones. I have to tug a bit harder just to remove my headphones from the port! Though with the new headphones, the audio jack resembles a mini-adapter and is made up of sturdy plastic that's extremely hard to bend.

Here's the link to the headphones I'm thinking about picking up: Amazon.com: The House of Marley EM-JE013-RO People Get Ready - Jammin' In-Ear Headphone with 3-Button Mic - Royal: Cell Phones & Accessories

Last edited:

sfleuriet

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Well this is weird. After playing with the headset buttons, it looks like the Samsung Focus S headset buttons are working with the Lumia 920.. but only sometimes.. Sometimes the button press or double-press does nothing.. Also sometimes the double-press does pause/play.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The ones that came with my 1gen Focus works perfectly. All the buttons work on the 920 as they did on my Focus. Still waiting on the Logitech 350vi to arrive next week to test them out.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
The ones that came with my 1gen Focus works perfectly. All the buttons work on the 920 as they did on my Focus. Still waiting on the Logitech 350vi to arrive next week to test them out.
you need the 350vm unless you plan on using them with apple products. I know I've tried them.

Zeroplanetz

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll just give them to my wife then. She's been complaining about her jbuds lately
your welcome. I know the vi version supports tracks forward and back. Its just a shame most of these companies don't make there products fully compatible for the whole range of products. You think they would though because that could be more money for them and less spent developing products for individual types. But I do live by my 350vm's. Best for the price by a long shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786