Lumia 920's WITH issues vs. Lumia 920's withOUT issues?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I would presume by and large the Lumia 920s are without issues. I'm having some very quirky software bugs on my Nokia though, but they seem to be app/OS related as opposed to hardware related.

cme4oil

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I would say simply that you always hear about the people having a problem and you don't hear to much from people completely happy with their phone.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I would say simply that you always hear about the people having a problem and you don't hear to much from people completely happy with their phone.
That's true, but going through 4 or more replacement units (like some people here already did) may suggest that Nokia might have an above average amount of overall defective units ;-) Still, though, the amount of non-defective units is most likely higher, judging by the fact that there hasn't been an official "recall" of some sorts.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
you are wrong, lumia 920s without issues is greater than lumia 920s with issues.

So lumia 920s without issues > lumia 920s with issues.

Dinky89484

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think most assume that you only hear from those that have issues (especially on this forum) and you don't hear from those walking around with perfect Lumia 920's. I'm guessing though that there are people out there who aren't too gadget-centric who have issues with their Lumia 920...only we don't hear from them because they're not the types to go online and onto forums.

killzone killzo

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
you are wrong, lumia 920s without issues is greater than lumia 920s with issues.

So lumia 920s without issues > lumia 920s with issues.

Actually, you are ALL wrong. The formula is a little more complex:

Owners who found out that Lumias are defective < owners who still didn't find out.

The truth is ALL Lumias are defective someway or another.

PBR_248

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Actually, you are ALL wrong. The formula is a little more complex:

Owners who found out that Lumias are defective < owners who still didn't find out.

The truth is ALL Lumias are defective someway or another.

Oh and of course, you've traveled the world and tested ALL Lumias, 920,900,820,710,620,ect.

Dont make statements unless you can back it up

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Wrooooong. My Lumia 920 has zero issues. On occasion, I install an app that causes battery issues, but it's always the app. Everything about my phone itself is flawless. No creaking at the top, no overheating, no random restarts, no dust behind the front facing camera and everything about the phone works exactly like it should. And I consider myself to be very technically enhanced, so I'm certain there's not some issue that I'm just not aware of.

Thanks for playing though!

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
This is how it really is.

Most if not all issues are software related. Soft daytime photo's, some battery drain issues, software brick, etc....

I have yet to see some real hardware problems like LCD leakage, battery blowing up, etc...

But there are always going to be some hardware problems. From what I can tell, the number of defective Lumia 920 units is very low meaning very good quality control on Nokia's part.

People that have issues usually look to find out by googling and going on a forum like this, so you only really hear about the problems, which is really a tiny portion of Lumia 920 owners. And even then, almost all of them are software related.

I'm going to be a lumia 920 owner soon to try it out, I've had a ton of phones already. The Galaxy Nexus definitely had some real defective quality control issues with the AMOLED display, it was all over XDA forums etc...One X had some defective units, especially with the battery and just overall quality it was pretty big on the XDA forums as well. I'll just say from my readings/research, the Lumia 920 doesn't even compare or make the tiniest of scratches to the issues those two above phones had or most flagships.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Just a very small addition to your theory... All phones are defective in their own ways. We then learn to live with the problems.
I have a Lumia 920 black for about 2 weeks and I have been lucky about getting a Lumia without issues and have mentioned it across the forums but only for the vibration rattle. But then having used smartphones for the last 5 years or so I have realized that majority of us are always smarter than these phones hence we find issues with them(which is good) but then the hard fact is these phones are again built by normal people (not super humans) so we need to accept that there could be issues(I'm not talking of serious issues like a dead on arrival phone). Life is never problem free, so live with it.

TryllZ

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I work at a Service Center for all devices, but I dont see too many Lumia, yes there are dead Lumias but there are more iphones & dead samsungs in our drawers, than Lumias....I dont think it is because iphones & S3 sell more...

autumnride

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just a very small addition to your theory... All phones are defective in their own ways. We then learn to live with the problems.
I have a Lumia 920 black for about 2 weeks and I have been lucky about getting a Lumia without issues and have mentioned it across the forums but only for the vibration rattle. But then having used smartphones for the last 5 years or so I have realized that majority of us are always smarter than these phones hence we find issues with them(which is good) but then the hard fact is these phones are again built by normal people (not super humans) so we need to accept that there could be issues(I'm not talking of serious issues like a dead on arrival phone). Life is never problem free, so live with it.

Nope... Buying a flagship phone, you can expect having a perfectly working phone!

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My only niggle so far with the phone is that it won't read SMS text messages when I'm playing music or a podcast over Bluetooth. It was a feature I really loved about my old WP7 device that just doesn't work with the 920 in the same car as the DVP.

pdskep

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
My only niggle so far with the phone is that it won't read SMS text messages when I'm playing music or a podcast over Bluetooth. It was a feature I really loved about my old WP7 device that just doesn't work with the 920 in the same car as the DVP.
Mine either, but I think that's a software issue. It appears from the Bluetooth section of this forum MS is losing a lot of business because of their BT connectivity issues. Fortunately I don't drive a lot so I can live with it.

DTSDude

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is how it really is.

Most if not all issues are software related. Soft daytime photo's, some battery drain issues, software brick, etc....

I have yet to see some real hardware problems like LCD leakage, battery blowing up, etc...

But there are always going to be some hardware problems. From what I can tell, the number of defective Lumia 920 units is very low meaning very good quality control on Nokia's part.

People that have issues usually look to find out by googling and going on a forum like this, so you only really hear about the problems, which is really a tiny portion of Lumia 920 owners. And even then, almost all of them are software related.

I'm going to be a lumia 920 owner soon to try it out, I've had a ton of phones already. The Galaxy Nexus definitely had some real defective quality control issues with the AMOLED display, it was all over XDA forums etc...One X had some defective units, especially with the battery and just overall quality it was pretty big on the XDA forums as well. I'll just say from my readings/research, the Lumia 920 doesn't even compare or make the tiniest of scratches to the issues those two above phones had or most flagships.

Disagree, if there was a mem test app for these phones I think we'd be able to prove the people with the constant freeze/reboot issues have physically defective units. I was one of those people, I've replaced my handset and am doing everything and more of what I had on the old phone without any problems. For other issues like battery I agree there's most likely just a firmware fix required.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Nope... Buying a flagship phone, you can expect having a perfectly working phone!

I'm not saying that every flagship is,faulty or fault free, But only that if you look around at smartphones (I'm narrowing my point to only smartphones) can you point out one flagship which was fault free... About the phone perfectly working that's what any phone is supposed to do... That's what we pay for... But then some way or the other these phones tend to slip expectations.For eg I never never in my life used the vibration alert on any phone... But after two weeks of using L920 I read about the vibration rattle.. I check my phone ... Ohhh I have it. If I said this lacks perfection and went for a replacement, in a week I'll learn that the battery gives up on me terribly.. Now replacement again this time my camera has green spots.... Gosh another replacement....so what do I do... I should have disabled the vibration and moved with my life....and if I never read the issues on the forums .... My ignorance would have also agreed to my phone being perfect... So in case you got a perfect phone I'm very happy for you.... But I'm like every other person who loves their L920 through its UPS and downs....

Last edited:

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
There is a ten page thread about proximity sensor issues on the Nokia forums. So this issue at least seems fairly widespread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)