Lumia 920 display bug - white "tv snow" pop up randomly.

bartekxyz

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm on my second l920, everything was great but few days ago I noticed that sometimes display of my phone turns off itself for half a second or show something that look like noise from empty tv channel(when I touch the screen, noise disappears). It happens randomly. For me It looks like software related defect but I'm not sure. Has anyone encountered the same issue? What can I do with it?

1.jpg
2.jpg

Last edited:

autumnride

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Nerver heard of that issue before...

First you can try fixing it with a soft-reset (middle and volume down button for at least 10 sec)
Second you can try the hard-reset (settings->about->reset)

If still having the problem afterwards it must be a hardware issue. -> go get replacement or reparation for the device.

rbxtreme

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Very strange... But as autumnride suggested give the hard reset a try.. If that too does no help.. Rush for a replacement...

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had the same thing happen. A hard reset will clear it, but even so the AT&T store exchanged it without question or comment and my new one has not had any issues since. Mine did it while talking on the phone. Call went fine but I couldn't hang-up or end the call nor did it clear itself and I couldn't even do a simple power-down.

I wonder if it happens often based on the fact they didn't even try and diagnose the problem.

Madeye234

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I am having a slightly different situation. My screen seems to know randomly start to "speckle" it starts to look like a star field on a black background, the UI movement is choppy, and there is a strip at the very top (like a TV channel that is scrambled) If it prgresses it changes the color resolution of the screen completely. The only thing i can do it turn off the screen and the screen reverts to normal. This started yesterday and I only had the phone for a week. Starting to be concerned. Anyone else seeing this??

Thomas Jaycox

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
We had this same issue as well as lockup issues. We have the phone replaced with a brand new one from the MS Store. No change... We uninstalled several apps.... No Change, We restored to factory default.... No Change. Also each time we had to use the reboot to unlock it. The last option we tried worked! That was to get a new SIM card from Verizon. They wanted to charge us for a new card, but we insisted for a new one for free. They conceded. The phone is completely restored back to the way is was when it was locking up... all apps included.. with the new SIM card, we have had zero lockups, slow downs, or any issues.

Good luck with your phone.

deniozer

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone my lovely lumia 920 today giving this screen issue . I am on twitter and someone call me screen turn to black and not opened my screen and than my unlock button not worked. I try soft reset and my screen turn to old tv screen. I try Hard reset But not changed anythin. ı make last update 2 days ago. How to fix it this. Please help me.

20140831_134838.jpg

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Happened once to me while watching a video from metrotube. Whole phone locked down. Had to force a shutdown to get the phone back up. I figured it was a bug with the DP and not having the latest firmware.

cynetinc

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone my lovely lumia 920 today giving this screen issue . I am on twitter and someone call me screen turn to black and not opened my screen and than my unlock button not worked. I try soft reset and my screen turn to old tv screen. I try Hard reset But not changed anythin. ı make last update 2 days ago. How to fix it this. Please help me.

View attachment 79267

I had the same problem. It's the display IC, had to swap phones, your screen is fine. Your phone, unfortunately is not. Buy a cracked screen one and replace it with your screen. You will be happy.

Last edited:

QuangAnhDang

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have completely the same issue but with my Lumia 1520. Have you found any solutions and highly appreciated if you could share. Thank you.

nikyns

Jun 26, 2016
Visit site
I had the exact problem when my daughter was watching youtube in IE. Volume down + power button for 12 seconds rebooted and came back fine. Thanks for your solution.

Braden T

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
DO NOT RESET YOUR PHONE!!!!!! The digitizer (touch screen) still works, so hold the power button and swipe down to shut the phone down.
Also, I always get this while using YouTube, is it my phone or the operating system? Nokia Lumia 925

Jennifer Saks

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
I just had this happen the other day for the fist time. I was letting my granddaughter watch a cartoon on youtube in the car...the phone got really hot and then the screen turned to snow. I tried to turn the phone off...tried all sorts of things. Finally I just threw it in my purse and looked at it about an hour later and it was back to normal. I hope it doesn't happen again.

A secondary issue is the heating up. Is that normal, or is there something wrong?
Jennifer

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb