Sending my Lumia 920 for repair tomorrow (UK)

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they'll do a better job with your phone. Mine went there as well for FFC dust and creaking/clicking issue.
They ignored the dust issue, flashed the ROM and replaced the chassis with another one with the same/more faults including a slightly chipped off SIM card keyhole and a small 'bump' on the chassis where it meets the screen on the top/left hand side.

The best part was when they claimed to have replaced the phone with a new one as they had decided it couldn't be repaired...!

What did you do after that?

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
They've finally decided to replace my phone after I had to provide them with an online folder full of photos and videos showing the problem with the camera because the said they couldn't replicate the problem. All they had to do was go outside and take a picture :straight:

niteshade1975

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
What did you do after that?

I'm still debating how to proceed. I'm in Cyprus and bought the phone from Clove and they're the ones who forwarded it to Nokia. I'm reluctant to go through this process again as I'm paying for the shipping costs. Also I'm not sure I can trust Nokia Care again after this :/

Of course Clove refusing to replace the phone is another issue...

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
They've finally decided to replace my phone after I had to provide them with an online folder full of photos and videos showing the problem with the camera because the said they couldn't replicate the problem. All they had to do was go outside and take a picture :straight:

Oh man. I'm not feeling so confident now :p Lol!

This is where it's at right now (not that I know what any of it means!):

28/01/2013 15:30:00 Pre-Booked into GRS
30/01/2013 09:39:00 Booked In
30/01/2013 09:39:00 Forward to A-Novo HUB IW - Forward to Repair Centre
30/01/2013 09:51:31 Dispatched (Outsource)
30/01/2013 10:04:41 Added to shipment
30/01/2013 10:04:57 Shipped (Outsource)

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
This is where it's at right now (not that I know what any of it means!):

28/01/2013 15:30:00 Pre-Booked into GRS
30/01/2013 09:39:00 Booked In
30/01/2013 09:39:00 Forward to A-Novo HUB IW - Forward to Repair Centre
30/01/2013 09:51:31 Dispatched (Outsource)
30/01/2013 10:04:41 Added to shipment
30/01/2013 10:04:57 Shipped (Outsource)

It's been sent to the outsourced repair centre

slysy

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm still debating how to proceed. I'm in Cyprus and bought the phone from Clove and they're the ones who forwarded it to Nokia. I'm reluctant to go through this process again as I'm paying for the shipping costs. Also I'm not sure I can trust Nokia Care again after this :/

Of course Clove refusing to replace the phone is another issue...

Why did Clove refuse to replace it?

SuperOwl8

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Had to take my 920 to the repair centre in Doncaster this morning due to light leakage or something similar on the bottom of the screen. also while i was trying to reset to factory settings the phone got stuck on the Nokia logo.

They say should be ready to pick up tomorrow at 16.30 if it gets fixed time will tell.

niteshade1975

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Why did Clove refuse to replace it?

Apparently I went over their allowed return period for replacements. I explained that I'm overseas and there were delays because of the Christmas period but they weren't interested. What makes it worse is that I only went over that period by a few days and considering I had emailed and called them on this issue well in advance I'm disappointed they didn't replace it. Instead they sent it off to Nokia 'Care'

John L920

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
ups picked mine up on Monday, sent off for camera debris like you have. Tuesday I got an email saying it was being inspected and then noticed it was sent to outsource, today it was listed as repaired and I just got an email saying its on the way back, so looking at a 4 day turn around ish? I did chase it up on the live chat tho so if you hear nothing get on to them, a little worried by stories above tho!

John L920

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Phone back with me, camera clean, all looks good, they updated to portico and appeared to have struggled to get the sim tray out but other than that its fine

SuperSAT

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
After reading on this forum, I got a next day replacement via EE. They did send me a faulty one which was fine other than the headphone socket not working as it should (had to be half sticking out for it to work. Complained, said they couldn't send another one out but I got cut off. Called back and spoke to someone else who let me replace it. Just got lucky as I think my call maybe wasn't logged. Pray to god my current one doesn't mess up, I'm not too optimistic!

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
ups picked mine up on Monday, sent off for camera debris like you have. Tuesday I got an email saying it was being inspected and then noticed it was sent to outsource, today it was listed as repaired and I just got an email saying its on the way back, so looking at a 4 day turn around ish? I did chase it up on the live chat tho so if you hear nothing get on to them, a little worried by stories above tho!

Mine has been marked as repaired also, so it could be back with me tomorrow! Here's hoping they have cleaned and reset the screen properly as well as sealed the FFC! Hopeful that the 3G problem has been solved by a new firmware flash...

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
After reading on this forum, I got a next day replacement via EE. They did send me a faulty one which was fine other than the headphone socket not working as it should (had to be half sticking out for it to work. Complained, said they couldn't send another one out but I got cut off. Called back and spoke to someone else who let me replace it. Just got lucky as I think my call maybe wasn't logged. Pray to god my current one doesn't mess up, I'm not too optimistic!

How did you get a replacement via EE?

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Well it's back! They don't really seem to have done much to it besides clean out the FFC... They've also flashed Portico. What I really want them to do was re-seat the screen better in the body, which it doesn't appear they have. I've still got larger-than-usual gaps at top and left side. Annoyed really, but not sure I can go through the hassle of returning it again!

luetchyboy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I finally got my phone back, however whilst they claimed it had been repaired it still has the exact same fault. So I'm currently on the phone to Nokia trying to get some answers but it appears the phone support have no clue about any phones that have been sent in for repair :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb