Sending my Lumia 920 for repair tomorrow (UK)

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Well it's back! They don't really seem to have done much to it besides clean out the FFC... They've also flashed Portico. What I really want them to do was re-seat the screen better in the body, which it doesn't appear they have. I've still got larger-than-usual gaps at top and left side. Annoyed really, but not sure I can go through the hassle of returning it again!

I got my brand new replacement today and everything looks fine apart from some slight light leakage towards the bottom right of the screen. Like you, I can't be bothered to wait for yet another replacement :straight:

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I got my brand new replacement today and everything looks fine apart from some slight light leakage towards the bottom right of the screen. Like you, I can't be bothered to wait for yet another replacement :straight:

Well I'm sending mine back again... Turns out I can't stand it. Every time I look at my phone I notice it and it just pisses me off! lol. They HAVE to fix it this time. I've made it explicitly clear that it needs to be fixed before they send it back to me...

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I live in the UK :smile: and I use a repair shop which is Nokia approved, authorised or something like that. If they can't fix then they send it to Nokia to fix the problem which is a plus for me so that why my next phone will be the Nokia lumia 920 which I will be buying sometime in May mainly because it will be a birthday present (and the price should drop by then :smile: )

bref

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
This thread worries me. i took my 920 to the Nokia care centre in manchester yesterday after it froze while i was using it. i tried a reboot and it was stuck on the nokia boot screen so i took it to a three store and after them trying a reset it went completely dead. the guy at the nokia centre tried a "dead re-flash" as he called it and had no luck so he sent it away for further repairs this morning. i'm hoping for an exchanged handset because mine has some scratches on the screen ( i thought the glass was supposed to be real tough so didnt protect it)
mainly hoping to get it back soon because my hd7 seems very ****ty now i've had to go back!

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I handed in my 920 at my local EE store on the 12th. My handset has a huge list of problems, but the computer only allows one fault to be registered to the device. I decided to make the crashing and turning off the priority problem. It's so intermittent, the chances of them replicating it in a 30 minute glance are very slim, so I'm not sure what to expect as the outcome at the moment. Sadly, I was told it could take 14 days. I'll come back and give an update.

bref

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
14days actually doesnt sound too bad! for three mobile to send mine off i was looking at 30days !!!! so i took it direct to nokia.
Anyone else envy the iphone folk when it comes to the service they provide?? i would no doubt have walked out of the apple store with a new handest if i had the same problem on iphone!!

intgom

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
This is a depressing thread. Returned my black Lumia 920 to Nokia repair centre in Thetford a few weeks ago and got it back about a week later. My phone has the vibrating rattle problem. UPS were great with pick-up and delivery but the phone wasn't repaired when I got it back.

Now in dialogue with Nokia Care before I return it again as I want a guarantee that they will fix it this time. This phone has such great potential if it works; just so disappointing it doesn't and I am unable to get it fixed.

Now off to watch the Samsung Galaxy S4 launch and cheer myself up :wink:

MJS9

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I handed in my 920 at my local EE store on the 12th. My handset has a huge list of problems, but the computer only allows one fault to be registered to the device. I decided to make the crashing and turning off the priority problem. It's so intermittent, the chances of them replicating it in a 30 minute glance are very slim, so I'm not sure what to expect as the outcome at the moment. Sadly, I was told it could take 14 days. I'll come back and give an update.

Just a follow on. I got my phone back today. It hasn't been replaced, but we'll see how we go. The Repair Centre 'test and repair return form' says it's had

Adjustment/cleaning
Software Update
Software Upgrade, Live Call Passed, Quality control passed.

That's all it says really. The OS version on the phone is 8.0.10211.204 and the Firmware Revision Number is 1232.5957.1308.0020, which I gather was released on Navifirm while my phone was away. It's only been running about 2 hours while I set the phone up again and re-installed my apps. The only observations I've made so far is it got very very hot while I was setting it up around the camera lense area, and the case still creaks and clicks in certain areas. Also the sim card tray that's come back with the phone doesn't sit flush.

***Update 3rd April*** I've had the phone back for a week and it's not skipped a beat. Whatever they did to fix it, it worked a treat. Good service from EE.

Last edited:

BIGPADDY

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm now have too get on contact with Nokia directly due to this light leakage at the top because my approved store won't touch it at all and told me I would have to send it to Nokia directly.

Those that sent for light leakage did it come back repaired and was it at the top of the screen because that were mine is and it very annoying.

mattlow93

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you guys have all had problems with Anovo :/

I can only say they've been good to me, but that was around 12 months ago now (Lumia 800 dodgy battery, sent me a new one, with wireless headset and speaker to say sorry)...

Your best bet is to go on their Facebook page and politely say what the problem is - you then will get the escalated support hopefully :) At the same time, I think at lot of it boils down as to who you get speaking to at their CS dep.

irishdavid

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem to you with the rear camera not focusing correctly. When you press the shutter button down half way it goes through it's focusing thing and you can see the picture sharpening but then it settles on a focal point so everything is blurred. I've taken identical pictures with a friends Nexus 4 and the difference is clear. The other problems i've had is the ffc filling with dust and the proximity sensor problems as well as the power button starting to get a little unresponsive.

I started the returns procedure on the 4/4 and described all the problems above the main subject line for the repair was "problems with the camera". I missed the first UPS pickup on the Friday (5/4) as i couldn't sit in all day and he still hadn't showed at around 15:00, and the phone was picked up on the next Monday (8/4). I followed the progress of the repair to Anovo and then after the repair it was send back to me and was delivered yesterday (16/4) on the first attempt.

The ffc had been cleaned out and the proximity sensor appears to be working but the power buttons still feels a bit dodgy and, most annoyingly of all, the camera is doing exactly the same as it was before. I got straight on the phone and my case was sent through to the complaints department who called me back this morning (17/4). They apologised and said that i'd need to send it in again for repair and that it could take another 8-10 working days. I was pretty hacked off at that but agreed, but as i'm going out to Germany next week to work for a couple of months i asked that when it was repaired or replaced that it be sent to my address in Germany. The nokia complaints guy said that he'd need to check on that and get back to me.

A few hours later he phoned back and said that the repair people had informed him that this wasn't possible and suggested that when i get to germany i go through the nokia germany website and request a repair. I checked the website and it's all in german and as i don't speak the language the prospect of sending my phone off when i get to germany doesn't appeal at all. I told him that i didn't consider this as an option and that the whole thing seemed to heading in a direction where it's easier for nokia but i end up doing their work for them. In the end I asked could i talk to a supervisor and was told that they were all busy and one would call me back. I've been waiting for the call for about 2 hours now and don't think it's going to happen.

The worst thing is that i've been an iPhone person for the last 4 years and anytime i've had a problem i've just gone to the nearest apple store (in any country) and have always left with a working device. The Lumia went wrong nearly 2 weeks ago and not only have i been without a phone for most of the time, when i do get it back it's still broken. Unfortunately companies like nokia have to realise that we're now living in a post-apple world and people expect more support that the usual 8-10 working days stuff that they they've been able to rely on in the past. I love the Lumia, but am seriously considering going back to an iPhone....

Dave

Update: After waiting for about 2 1/2 hours i called them back and was told that a supervisor wouldn't be available today, but someone would call me back tomorrow. Not impressed.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa