Sending my Lumia 920 for repair tomorrow (UK)

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
UPS are coming to pick it up tomorrow... For those that have dealt with the UK Nokia Repair Centre: what have your experiences been like? I'm sending it in because of the gaps around the bezel (dust under front facing camera) as well as an issue with the phone signal constantly dropping out. Have you had positive dealings with them? I'm a little apprehensive as I don't want to receive a replacement with even more issues! :eck: I love this phone, but I am obsessed with things being perfect, especially when I have spent so much money! Also, what have the turn-around times been like? When can I expect to get my phone back?

Jealy666

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I am and I'm thinking about going to a Nokia Care shop with mine, I have a few issues such as a weak sleep button and the "dent" in the top right hand corner.

Keep us updated on how long it takes please! You may be the guinea pig!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have sent it away twice for the creaking/bending top issue.

The first time it was returned as was sent. They later claimed they had only flashed it as it was bricked (it happened when I reset it the night before the collection), the documentation though clearly states "cosmetic" repairs so someone was being economical with the truth.

The second time they actually sent me a replacement which has been absolutely amazing (the packaging had 3 QC stickers on it, make what you want out of this).

They didn't have to (the polycarbonate body is easily replaceable) so kudos to Nokia for customer support.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I have sent it away twice for the creaking/bending top issue.

The first time it was returned as was sent. They later claimed they had only flashed it as it was bricked (it happened when I reset it the night before the collection), the documentation though clearly states "cosmetic" repairs so someone was being economical with the truth.

The second time they actually sent me a replacement which has been absolutely amazing (the packaging had 3 QC stickers on it, make what you want out of this).

They didn't have to (the polycarbonate body is easily replaceable) so kudos to Nokia for customer support.

This sounds both worrying and reassuring at the same time... How long were you without your handset for? I'm hoping for a replacement, but I know that probably isn't likely (it'll be just my luck anyway, AS PER USUAL! Haha). I love the Lumia 920 and really hope I'm not without it for too long!

Anyways, I will keep this thread updated. The phone is due for collection by UPS today. I assume it's being taken straight to the main Nokia Repair centre, somewhere in Thetford!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
This sounds both worrying and reassuring at the same time... How long were you without your handset for? I'm hoping for a replacement, but I know that probably isn't likely (it'll be just my luck anyway, AS PER USUAL! Haha). I love the Lumia 920 and really hope I'm not without it for too long!

Anyways, I will keep this thread updated. The phone is due for collection by UPS today. I assume it's being taken straight to the main Nokia Repair centre, somewhere in Thetford!

The first time it was collected on 18/12 and returned on 24/12 (unfixed unfortunately), so 6 calendar days including turnaround.

The second time it was collected on 17/01, replacement arrived 22/01 so 5 calendar days including turnaround.

Can't complain as even after getting it wrong the first time, they went our of their way the second.

Also, now that I have a flawless device I can live better with the WP8 quirks.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The first time it was collected on 18/12 and returned on 24/12 (unfixed unfortunately), so 6 calendar days including turnaround.

The second time it was collected on 17/01, replacement arrived 22/01 so 5 calendar days including turnaround.

Can't complain as even after getting it wrong the first time, they went our of their way the second.

Also, now that I have a flawless device I can live better with the WP8 quirks.

I guess that isn't too bad. Still, the difficulties of living without a smartphone after having owned one for so many years, soon become apparent... Lol!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I agree, I was doing site surveys the first couple of weeks of January and it was impossible to be without a phone, hence the delayed second collection (I also have a 3GS as a backup but it doesn't even come close to the Lumia).

phander

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
How did you initiate a return? I'm in the UK and think mine has to go in ... Still getting resets after updating to Portico. It's getting worse...

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Same here, via chat, have your IMEI no handy, it is required to start the session if I remember correctly.

They actually did all the arrangements themselves in both repairs in my case.

mathewhayward

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that mine went back last Monday with a camera fault and came back last Friday and it they didn't even bother repairing it, they'd just flashed new firmware on it.

Complained to the right people and now back in for repair and being 'personally dealt with by Level 3 technicians'

luetchyboy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I took mine to the nearest "Authorised" shop because mine wouldn't wirelessly charge. They tested a pad they had at there shop and confirmed the problem (great so far!). This occurred on 14/01, and they said they will send it in and then give me a call when it gets back which they said would typically be five working days. I call up on 22nd and am told that it hasn't come in yet. I call up on the 25th and am told it hasn't come in yet. I call up today (29/01) and it STILL hasn't come in yet, but apparently they will need to just replace it which takes longer(?) so it should come in tomorrow or Thursday (apparently). So presently I have been just over two weeks without my phone but am still paying my contract.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I took mine to the nearest "Authorised" shop because mine wouldn't wirelessly charge. They tested a pad they had at there shop and confirmed the problem (great so far!). This occurred on 14/01, and they said they will send it in and then give me a call when it gets back which they said would typically be five working days. I call up on 22nd and am told that it hasn't come in yet. I call up on the 25th and am told it hasn't come in yet. I call up today (29/01) and it STILL hasn't come in yet, but apparently they will need to just replace it which takes longer(?) so it should come in tomorrow or Thursday (apparently). So presently I have been just over two weeks without my phone but am still paying my contract.

So basically, it's not looking good... UPS still haven't been to collect!!!

Evan_ISS

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My experience of Nokia "Care Points" (this is what they call them) has been woeful and I eventually logged a complaint with Nokia about the one I visited.

When I went to with my Lumia 920 about the creaking/bending top, the person there told me that he had no idea what was going on as it was a brand new phone (just released he said) and this was only the second one he had seen.

He said he would "find out" from Nokia whether this was a fault and get back to me. After a week of phone calls with promises of updates "tomorrow", I gave up, filed a complaint and dealt with Nokia direct via chat.

As far as I am concerned there is no point whatsoever in dealing with "Care Points", direct support is far superior and able to make things happen.

luetchyboy

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My experience of Nokia "Care Points" (this is what they call them) has been woeful and I eventually logged a complaint with Nokia about the one I visited.

When I went to with my Lumia 920 about the creaking/bending top, the person there told me that he had no idea what was going on as it was a brand new phone (just released he said) and this was only the second one he had seen.

He said he would "find out" from Nokia whether this was a fault and get back to me. After a week of phone calls with promises of updates "tomorrow", I gave up, filed a complaint and dealt with Nokia direct via chat.

As far as I am concerned there is no point whatsoever in dealing with "Care Points", direct support is far superior and able to make things happen.

Well they took mine straight away to send off for repair, but it's getting a tad frustrating the lack of progress I get back. I'll try again tomorrow then maybe try contacting Nokia and see if they have any clue.

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
mine is going back due to light leakage at the top of the screen, and also due to strange noises when the phone vibrates.
To be collected tomorrow.

niteshade1975

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Well UPS came (eventually) and my phone is now in the hands of Nokia in Thetford. Let's see how they handle things from here on out...

Hopefully they'll do a better job with your phone. Mine went there as well for FFC dust and creaking/clicking issue.
They ignored the dust issue, flashed the ROM and replaced the chassis with another one with the same/more faults including a slightly chipped off SIM card keyhole and a small 'bump' on the chassis where it meets the screen on the top/left hand side.

The best part was when they claimed to have replaced the phone with a new one as they had decided it couldn't be repaired...!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb