which relevant apps the IOS and Android have that WP8 have not?

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
For starters, I would like to see Bank of America since that's my bank, eBay (could use an update, which they say is coming later this year), work on Microsoft apps like Facebook and Twitter, I've never understood the hype of Instagram, but yeah, that one too, maybe a mobile virus protection application, and more finely tuned third party Google service clients, since they're so obstinate in supporting the platform.

Why a virus protection software? This isn't Android.

Like someone else pointed out, there is a BoA app and its actually very nice.

Regarding Google, if someone is heavily invested in Google services, they should get an Android phone. Personally I don't see a single google service that is worth being so vested in. YouTube is the only unique service and that is easily available across all platforms. I recently dumped Gmail for Outlook, and never looked back.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
a directv app that works like the apple version. a foxnews app that lets me watch it live like iphone,

actually, i am sick and tired of only seeing apps with "download now: app store / google play" give me the wp store love too, dammnit!

woodrow_hills

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Essential but not available, e.g. encryption container, private sms, repeating alarm, etc etc. Even WP6.5 was better. If not for the live tiles, I would not have brought a WP8 phone.

spaulagain

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Essential but not available, e.g. encryption container, private sms, repeating alarm, etc etc. Even WP6.5 was better. If not for the live tiles, I would not have brought a WP8 phone.

Repeating alarm? There is repeating alarm.

WM was an archaic OS compared to WP. Sure, it may have a few features more, but it also was a horrible UI, practically unusable as a touch interface.

There is a reason WM couldn't get past a smidget market share in the 10 years of its life.

DustinBooyah

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
The Facebook app's header is like a hot girl driving a motorcycle slowly in front of me. I like looking at you, but id like even more if you just got out of my way. Facebook via IE or the people hub is a better experience as far as content imo.

YouTube would be nice, as would Instagram & Snapchat. Gtalk being integrated into Messaging would be nice as well.

The biggest gripe for me is the music app... Its kinda awkward. I would LOVE to be able to long press my volume buttons to switch tracks though. I listen while I'm driving so playing with the screen is irritating.

Pete Almanza

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Why a virus protection software? This isn't Android.

Like someone else pointed out, there is a BoA app and its actually very nice.

Regarding Google, if someone is heavily invested in Google services, they should get an Android phone. Personally I don't see a single google service that is worth being so vested in. YouTube is the only unique service and that is easily available across all platforms. I recently dumped Gmail for Outlook, and never looked back.

I really don't know the security of IE Mobile, so it was merely a suggestion, a toss up, if you will.

My mind has been slipping lately. I meant a Wells Fargo app, not BoA( of which I found that indeed they are:
Official Wells Fargo app for Windows Phone in the works | Windows Phone Daily) Sorry, was totally spacing there...

And regarding Google, I can agree with you, even about the YouTube bit but I meant one that was, as I said, "finely tuned". Or maybe I should amend and say "free, finely tuned" YouTube app, because I don't believe in paying for an app I can access for free via PC, etc. That's just my opinion however. :)

Back to the point of Google. As I said, I agree with you, but a lot of people aren't like us, they are invested and dependent upon Google services, Drive, G+, GMail, etc. I'm strictly Outlook, and the only Google service I use is YouTube, and the search engine if I'm on a desktop (for layout and aesthetic reasons. I like Google's layout of image of video results more.) But for people who utilize more than just the ones mentioned, it might be ideal in making apps available to provide these functions. Google and Apple get Microsoft services on their OSs but where is our compensation? Yeah, yeah, MSFT reaps the benefits in revenue, but a consumer can't use that revenue to check their GMail, YouTube, Drive files, and so on.

tekhna

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
OTOH:

Spotify
Dropbox
Google suite
Instagram
A PDF program that wasn't dismal.
A real battery monitor program. The lack of APIs here is embarrassing.
Pandora
Snapseed
Songkick
An ad blocker. Android has root and non-root version.
Vine

Tons and tons of games. Ruzzle is what all the cool kids are playing these days when they're not playing Temple Run 2.

Edit: Effing PhotoSynth. Gimme a break, Microsoft.

Andrew Z

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Ruzzle
Temple Run
Fun Run (that's it for games)
NHL game center live
Wells Fargo
An updated ESPN app
An updated scoremobile app (those two just have THE MOST glitches)
yahoo fantasy football

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't really miss much, maybe an update to the Wimp app to make it a bit faster and an app for my Eurocard? Got most apps I used on iOS already like banking apps and so on.

I don't understand the fads with wanting to put pictures on places like Instagram so I don't want those apps.

MeAndMy920

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Whatsapp could be updated, but away from that I'm happy.

I don't use any of these fancy social networks so many are crying for in this thread. Even my favourite football club has released an app and this club isn't known to be the most innovative one.

nander

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
- ESPN, the WP version is just crap compared to iOS
- iStudiez Pro or something of similiar quality, school assignment app that syncs beautifully with desktop
- The Verge (just me but it beats having to use the website)
- More games

Pretty much it for me

Nisse Tuta

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
The fact is that "some" people lose alot of apps.
I have never used any of the ones you mention, but I have gained Nokia Music, City Lens and Office, but because of that Im not gonna proclaim that,
"You gain apps when you switch to WP, thats a fact" :)

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I really don't know the security of IE Mobile, so it was merely a suggestion, a toss up, if you will.

My mind has been slipping lately. I meant a Wells Fargo app, not BoA( of which I found that indeed they are:
Official Wells Fargo app for Windows Phone in the works | Windows Phone Daily) Sorry, was totally spacing there...

And regarding Google, I can agree with you, even about the YouTube bit but I meant one that was, as I said, "finely tuned". Or maybe I should amend and say "free, finely tuned" YouTube app, because I don't believe in paying for an app I can access for free via PC, etc. That's just my opinion however. :)

Back to the point of Google. As I said, I agree with you, but a lot of people aren't like us, they are invested and dependent upon Google services, Drive, G+, GMail, etc. I'm strictly Outlook, and the only Google service I use is YouTube, and the search engine if I'm on a desktop (for layout and aesthetic reasons. I like Google's layout of image of video results more.) But for people who utilize more than just the ones mentioned, it might be ideal in making apps available to provide these functions. Google and Apple get Microsoft services on their OSs but where is our compensation? Yeah, yeah, MSFT reaps the benefits in revenue, but a consumer can't use that revenue to check their GMail, YouTube, Drive files, and so on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)