I am lazy to wait the software update

danj210

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I was just thinking that maybe AT&T and a few other carriers may have paid up front to get the updates sooner. Seems a bit odd, but they may be realizing how much people like to tout that they get updates first. Would be a good business move by carriers to do that.

This actually does make sense as a good business move... Everyone does want to get it first haha!

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
you mentioned that you are in Thailand correct? I am from Thailand also and here if you wish to update the OS you can bring your phone to NOKIA CARE which will take less than 2 hours to update to Portico, why don't you just do that furthermore they also confirmed that if there is another update comes and it is newer you still can do OTA update. As for me I think it is very normal to give them sometimes since the whole system is brand new few month is no harm and I respect the fact that they cannot make everyone happy but as long as they are trying their best. I will give them a chance

Us, the owner of the unlocked worldwide Lumia phones are so unfortunate. Thanks for the tip. Indonesia also haven't got the Portico update yet. Gonna visit a Nokia Care soon and hopefully they're able to help updating the phone.

Huime

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
wow someone that put lubricant into their gas tank actually tries to give a lesson. Anyways, I did not felt the photo got sharper, but it is just as sharp as I like it.

inside man 55

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got me thinking. Could it be because if unlocked worldwide L920's always get update first, it might sway some consumers away from carriers? Might be possible right?

Yes, very possible and it could be they negotiated that with Nokia. I am only aware of three countries where the carriers lock you in predominantly. The USA, UK, and Canada. There must be another reason why the unlocked did not get first updated outside these countries.

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
you mentioned that you are in Thailand correct? I am from Thailand also and here if you wish to update the OS you can bring your phone to NOKIA CARE which will take less than 2 hours to update to Portico, why don't you just do that furthermore they also confirmed that if there is another update comes and it is newer you still can do OTA update. As for me I think it is very normal to give them sometimes since the whole system is brand new few month is no harm and I respect the fact that they cannot make everyone happy but as long as they are trying their best. I will give them a chance

Yes, actually I went to the Nokia Care before posting this topic. They can update the phone software for me, but all contents would be wiped away, they mentioned that. So I give up.
But let's think over, should I need to go to the Nokia Care everytime update push? Should I wipe away all my phone contents everytime I update? That is not really made a sense.

Up until now, there is no any update yet.

P.S. Even Asus Padfone still take sharper outdoor photo than a lumia 920, sigh...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I find this poor excuse that software needs to be tested as farcical. I have used my Nokia 920 and 900 on many 3G networks around the world and have never had a problem with connections.
Here are the country's I have used my phone. New Zealand, Australia, United Kingdom, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Both the Philippian's,Germany were Lumina 900.

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Got an update today for my phone... I have a red lumia 920 from thailand... i check manually... go to setting/phone update/check for update... should start downloading itself

Yes, actually I went to the Nokia Care before posting this topic. They can update the phone software for me, but all contents would be wiped away, they mentioned that. So I give up.
But let's think over, should I need to go to the Nokia Care everytime update push? Should I wipe away all my phone contents everytime I update? That is not really made a sense.

Up until now, there is no any update yet.

P.S. Even Asus Padfone still take sharper outdoor photo than a lumia 920, sigh...

Fitu Pham

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Got an update today for my phone... I have a red lumia 920 from thailand... i check manually... go to setting/phone update/check for update... should start downloading itself

Goddddd!!! I checked just now, it pushed me an update to (manually push). I had checked the day before but there was nothing.
Thanks a lot, finally I got an update. But there is a new problems.
Memory full!!!
Still cant solve it yet. Dont really know what are those Other (pic attached)
syvesave.jpg

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I am frustrated as are many people no doubt with the obvious fix/s that are needed. I would rather wait an extra month or 2 and have them release a proper fix, one that works and doesnt cause any other issues than a botched rush job that starts everyone moaning again. Thier next release will seal it for me, either staying with MS or drop kicking it out the window (excuse the pun)

Kaiser Bhulsuk

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Normally other wont take anything more than 4 GM (From many devices I have seen) you have 12 GM and it is far too much than normal and since you FINALLY got an OTA update after long time wait I think you should not be too lazy to factory reset but make sure you follow all recommendation before factory reset otherwise you may get BRICK.

Good luck with update Portico

SlightlyDum

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thats strange... i had the opposite effect... I ended up having more storage than before.... Before update, i had roughly 4gb but after update I had a little more than 8gb... which was a plus... I've never had any problems with my 920 and still seem to have the perfect 920. Camera is defiantly a lot better then the previous firmware which is awesome!!!! Now i have an all around phone.

Goddddd!!! I checked just now, it pushed me an update to (manually push). I had checked the day before but there was nothing.
Thanks a lot, finally I got an update. But there is a new problems.
Memory full!!!
Still cant solve it yet. Dont really know what are those Other (pic attached)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/02/15/syvesave.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb