A new reason to be sad (advices for repairing my lumia glass)

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi, yesterday has been a bad day for me: my lumia 920 fell down from my self hands (apple would said: '4.5" are too much for your hands' :D).
I was really surprised noticing that the back was like new and the front gorgeous glass had a not deep (i think) but pretty long scratch.
I'll post a picture of it later, but anyway I want to know which is the best glass repair spray (or other products) i can buy to try to hide it and what results i can achieve with these products.

Also, the left side of the phone had a few scratches and i wish i could substitute the entire "cover". I saw some videos on youtube and it seems easy, but i can't find where to buy this original part of the phone on internet. Does anyone know any site where to buy it?

Last question: does anyone know if nokia assistants are like the apple's one? (they substituted my iphone with scratches with a new one because i invented a problem with calling).

thanks

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you know any spray or liquid to repair scratches? I remember some posts about this on this forum, but i can't find it anymore!

Cpfoxhunt

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd be rather interested in this too. IIRC, it's likely that in both our cases it's the oleophobic coating, rather than the glass itself that is scratched, so a spray sounds feasible? I've also been advised that with a screen protector the scratch will be invisible, so I've ordered one .

tebugg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
best screen protectors are the ones that self heal. if they do get a scratch on them the scratch eventually disappears and your screen is still protected. the zagg ones are a lil expensive but then again you get what you paid for. and they have free replacement for the lifetime of your phone.

teo155

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

scubus

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've ben told they have changed recently, but I dropped my iPhone and smashed the screen. I went to the Apple Store and showed them my iPhone and they replaced it for me for free. No need to invent a problem.

I have hear they may have stopped that practice now with Apple Care Plus but it sure was nice at the time...

I have a Zagg full body on my 920 and it works very well - and hides minor scratches.

For the OP you will have to find a screen, or do a search and there are places that replace the screens. I can't recommend any personally. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss