Lumia 920, you are way too sensitive... and its awesome!

Xniaeln

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I just got back from a ski trip and I decided to give the "High" touch sensitivity a try.

When it says "you can wear gloves" they are being serious. I had full goretex dual-layered mittens on with a pair of cotton liner gloves inside of them and I could STILL use my phone through all of those. I estimate almost half a cm worth of material between me and the glass and the phone still worked flawlessly. I could even pinch zoom through all the gloves. It's absurd and I have no clue how Nokia did it but wow.

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Nokia have probably used the "Projected capacitance" technology in the 920. As long as the object that is touching the screen is conductive it should work at operating the screen. I've used a door key and a USB memory stick to operate mine.

Xniaeln

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
But thats the thing. Goretex is not conductive, neither is cotton. I had nothing conductive touching the screen. My hand was completely sealed inside a water tight rubber coated glove and it still worked.

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Love the screen in the 920. Its so sensitive at times i don't even have to touch it. Anyone else notice this?

Sometimes i can swipe without touching the screen and it moves.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos