Both of our 920s have begun unpredictably dumping our incoming emails

Joe Browder

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
We have two 920s, AT&T. Within the past week first one, now the other, have begun deleting already downloaded emails, emptying the inbox -- sometimes after an hour, sometimes after a couple of hours, sometimes on the next sync. AT&T is absolutely zero help. Have deleted and rebuilt the accounts, done soft resets, nothing makes a difference. This is the best phone we've ever had, but we can't keep them if they make our emails disappear -- and there are no advanced settings in the native email client to deal with inbox cleanup. Any ideas, please???!!! Thanks... BTW, the phones are doing this only to our pop3 accounts, not to our outlook.com and gmail accounts.

Last edited:

Joe Browder

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, and here are answers. And please keep in mind that this is happening on two phones, to two different pop3 accounts...

emails come from multiple senders. emails are synced through normal 920 email client protocol.

not being deleted on host server, not being deleted on our desktops, only on the 920s

I set up my desktop to autoforward every pop3 incoming email to my outlook.com account, where they show up on my phone as forwards, do not have the deletion problem -- and no mail sent directly to my outlook.com address on the phone has the delete problem.

Because these are hosted pop3 accounts, password changes would have to be made on the host server,and applied to all devices catching the pop3 mail.

And.... this is still happening, on my phone and on my wife's. Very frustrating...

Finally, in case this helps -- the disappeared files do not show up in the account's deleted items folder. The folder does receive files that I delete myself, so that function is working. ???

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Are these emails older than two weeks? I remember reading that Windows Phone 8 only downloads mail to the device for two weeks back unless you change it in the settings.

Joe Browder

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
These are new emails, sometimes only minutes old, sometimes an hour or more -- the spontaneous delete activity is unpredictable and erratic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise