Battery down 13% in 2 hours!!

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I deleted the Nokia drive and Nokia transit app just to be safe.......tomorrow will be my first full day of usage. Will let you all know how it is. I listen to music alot also, will be using the Nokia music app because I experienced heavy drain with the Xbox music+videos or whatever the stock one is.

jpw21683

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So in my case, I've dropped 66% in 5 hours, without really using it at all. Phone does not feel warm, either.
I re-enabled the Live Tile and background process for the Battery Level for WP8 app yesterday before charging. Today, I've used my phone considerably more than yesterday, and after 6hrs since charging I still have 83% battery (only a 17% drop, vs yesterday's 66%!). So things seem to be working correctly, but still have no idea what caused the problem yesterday.

I deleted the Nokia drive and Nokia transit app just to be safe.......tomorrow will be my first full day of usage. Will let you all know how it is. I listen to music alot also, will be using the Nokia music app because I experienced heavy drain with the Xbox music+videos or whatever the stock one is.

Are you streaming music (through Xbox Music)? I tried that when I first got my 920, and it would absolutely kill my battery.

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Today I have had a little bit of better experience... I am down to 77% after 10 hours, but I have not really used it much at all.... Some texts here and there but that is about it... Yesterday it was draining much faster but still 77% after 10 hours of esentially doing nothing is not too wonderful either.

Drugar

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I too have been having battery issues with my L920, more so lately than when I first got it at first release. All I do most days at work is send a few txts, check email real quick and that's about it during the week. My phone will go from fully charged to almost dead in 12 hours. I am almost to the point of doing a factory reset to see if that doesn't resolve anything. I love my 920, but constantly being concerned about the battery life of my phone is not any fun.

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Nope no music streaming. All on the phone storage.

Today's usage so far. at 48% and 6 hours since last charge.

About 1 hour of straight usage on LTE and a lot of facebook messaging/web surfing i went from 100% to 88% with maybe 2 hours off charger.

Then began draining like mad when I used whatsapp a lot since then. I mean a lot of whatsapp usage, like probably 2 hours of real usage and the rest was just idle.

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Nope no music streaming. All on the phone storage.

Today's usage so far. at 48% and 6 hours since last charge.

About 1 hour of straight usage on LTE and a lot of facebook messaging/web surfing i went from 100% to 88% with maybe 2 hours off charger.

Then began draining like mad when I used whatsapp a lot since then. I mean a lot of whatsapp usage, like probably 2 hours of real usage and the rest was just idle.

Dude Whatsapp can be the real culprit here... I'd uninstalled it and noticed a fantastic improvement in my phone's battery life. Apparently, Whatsapp constantly polls it server the data using music api which gulps a lot of battery unlike using push notifications for background functioning. Whatsapp still need a lot of fixes.

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I guess I didn't really clearly attain the drainage to whatsapp. But it does drain if you don't exit out of it. I need it though so I'm not going to uninstall it.

Otherwise, without these app problems draining battery. The battery life is excellent on the Lumia 920 especially for an LTE device. Rivals my iPhone 5 and maybe bests it too in just regular usage (non-gaming).

LazySunday

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah just minimizing Whatsapp or kicking it out of active tasks is still not working on improving battery. The only way I've attained a respectable battery life is to remove Whatsapp. But unfortunately, I still need to use so have it back. Hope they fix this pretty soon... Interestingly, Skype for me is working flawlessly. I'm always online and can make calls and receive with out any problems...

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
One question, any of y'all have portico installed? The portico update had substantially improved battery life on both the 920 and 8X. Using battery apps, whatsapp and having your phone in a low signal area can all drain the battery.

travisel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
My Samsung ATIV S has a 2300 mAh battery and came with "Portico" I only turned the phone off 1 time in the last 7 weeks 😎 and I can get 36 hours on a charge! ....but for me to get that amount of hours per-charge you have to follow the rules! I don't run my phone full out every thing on all the time. I turn things off when not necessarily needed. Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, GPS, Kid's Corner, Internet Sharing, Brightness, Haptic feedback, Leaving Apps open, these are all thing that eat power so use them wisely. 😎

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I also have an Ativ S that shipped with portico, and I had a strange battery drain on I think Wednesday morning. I took my phone off charger at 5:42am, read a chapter of Youversion over breakfast, spent 10-15 minutes on the web, listened to about 45 minutes of music on my commute, and then shut my data connection of when I got to work, as I have little to no signal there. All ust like every other morning of my work week. And just like every other morning, my battery was sitting at 99% when I shut my data off. (about 6:50am; shift starts at 7am) This morning, however, my battery, instead of draining a maximum of 1% between then and noon like every other morning, decided to plunge to 65%, where it stayed until the end of my shift at 5:30pm. I listened to music again on my way home, and proceeded to use my phone just as hard as ever until I went to bed. It still had 25% remaining when I threw it on the charger at 9:30. (it's usually over 40% on a work night) It hasn't happened since; battery has been stellar as usual. Tonight I put it on the charger at 2am with 45% remaining after the usual 5:50am start but only an 8 hour work day. This means I was home and on it hard from 3:30pm. Like I said, strange...

UPDATE: Ok so today I checked my phone battery at noon and it was at 92%. Without touching it, and it being in airplane mode the whole time, it was at 26%. I thought "this has to be a mistake" so I soft reset it. When it booted back up, it was at 15%! Today marks the first time I've EVER charged it on the way home from work. I hope this doesn't happen again... Bizarre.

Last edited:

pewpewbangbang

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
The phone won't read my sim card now so I'm kinda screwed....going to bring it to AT&T to try and get a replacement if hard reset doesn't work. Hopefully I don't need a receipt as I bought it for cash off contract.

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Here we go again.... I am down to 85% in 6 hours of doing basically nothing.... I used facebook a couple times very briefly, maybe that app has something to do with it???

ryanj04

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Only using 15% in 6 hours is amazing, even doing nothing. For me, I would be between 60-70% after 6 hours of doing nothing.

Really? It seems as though before it would be on 100% for hours if I left my phone sitting idle. Now it goes down much faster without me using it. I shouldn't complain because my old Android phone would only last 4-6 hours on a full charge and that battery was 3,500 mAH!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb