Wireless Charging Question

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm new here, should get my Lumia 920 4G tomorrow I think.

Quick question about the wireless charging. How long would it take to charge a 920 from no charge? Just trying to get an idea.

Thanks. :)

John.

TJW225

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've had my 920 for a few months but only recently got my FatBoy Wireless Charging pillow and JBL Power-up speaker. Wireless charging works brilliantly and begins as soon as you rest the phone on the charging device. I have a rubberised cover on my phone and it doesn't seem to make any difference or impede charging.
Exactly how long it takes will depend on whether the phone is on and what connectivity options you have switched on or indeed whether the phone is playing music etc while charging - i.e. how much power your taking out while you're putting power in, it's not an exact science. So, the best answer I can give you is my perception - wireless charging seems to me to be slightly quicker than cable charging. I've not yet run my phone out completely but after a full days usage, with the indicator showing about 20% remaining, I can be back to full charge in about an hour and a half if I'm not playing music.

As an aside, the biggest power drain I've encountered to date is Internet Sharing. I'm on 4G so sharing my phone data connection to my Surface tablet is faster than using wi-fi but it decmates the battery.... Just sayin'

ryker002

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
As an aside, the biggest power drain I've encountered to date is Internet Sharing. I'm on 4G so sharing my phone data connection to my Surface tablet is faster than using wi-fi but it decmates the battery.... Just sayin'
Consider its always collect data from your device and then sending it out to the network it makes sense to take the most battery. The next thing would be 4G alone. This is exactly why wireless charging is beneficial.

I myself use it between work and when I go to bed and as said above usually it takes about an hour and ful charge.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

polomint

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Consider its always collect data from your device and then sending it out to the network it makes sense to take the most battery. The next thing would be 4G alone. This is exactly why wireless charging is beneficial.

I myself use it between work and when I go to bed and as said above usually it takes about an hour and ful charge.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

I will be charging with nothing running, mainly at night. Admittedly I could plug the usb charger in but where's the fun in that, :)

4G in my area is not available, although once I move more than 1/4 mile then 4G is available, which is a good thing considering EE's 4G tariffs (tight gits, lol). I don't intend to watch video whilst out and about, although music will be listened to mainly at work so I can always charge it there if needed.

I'm hoping to move my VS C#/C++ skills over to WinPhone8 soon, maybe get a couple of apps out there, :)

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I've never timed how quickly it charges on the wireless charger, but it seems just the same as a plugin charger. I use wireless charging every night and at work.

helsten2

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I did a few tests: 0-100%: Wireless: 4+ hours, USB charger (wall outlet): 3+ hours (wall outlet is much quicker than computer)

americasteam

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I believe it charges at ~3/4 the power as compared to plugging it in to a wall outlet. Regardless, you won't really notice the difference. Especially if your plugging it in when going to sleep. Wireless charging works fantastic. I don't want another phone without it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers