Figured out at least one of the battery issues

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello. So I have been working in IT for many years. Troubleshooting/process of elimination is standard/daily affair where I work. So we have been testing 3 Nokia Lumia 920's. We really like them and they have been working well. Though, we have had what many people on these forums have described as the sporadic battery issues. Of course, there are many reasons to have battery issues. For example, not closing apps, GPS going on in the back ground, NFC enabled, etc.

Outside of the other problems, we have identified a problem we have not seen mentioned anywhere. We have tested and can repeat (consistently) a problem with XBox music that will drain the battery very quickly. Here is how to recreate the problem:

1. Connect your phone to bluetooth audio (music). Like in a car, etc.
  2. Open xbox music and play music that you have on your phone.
  3. When done, press the back button to close xbox music.
  4. Now, your phone will start doing the rapid drain. Maybe around 5% (idle) drain per hour.

A reboot of the phone is the only thing we have found to stop the drain. Also, we have not had this problem with metro radio (when launching the app directly). We are currently testing Nokia Music (launching the app directly) to see if it has the same problem.

I would really appreciate if others would test this as well, and report back in this thread. I have a feeling that using bluetooth doesn't matter. I suspect that this is just a problem with xbox music not closing down properly and/or hanging resources that drain battery (like CPU, memory, etc).

Steve Ridges

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's because the music doesn't completely stop. If you press your volume buttons, I bet you'll see the song there still queued up. I installed a little app called Stop The Music that removes it from the play queue as well. Try using that after you exit out of XBox music.

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it's because the music doesn't completely stop. If you press your volume buttons, I bet you'll see the song there still queued up. I installed a little app called Stop The Music that removes it from the play queue as well. Try using that after you exit out of XBox music.

Thank you for the tip. We will try it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb