WP8 & Outlook Synching for Corporate Users

Cactus213

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello Folks, I have been using Nokia Lumia920 for about a month and really noticing my limitations with respect to complying with my Company's privacy policies. While MS provide a way for us to Synch our contacts, emails, calenders through Cloud/Hot Mail as well as setting up a direct Outlook hook through exchange, it's not a secure solution. 90% of my work involves reading emails/calenders etc and this become even more important when I'm traveling. Now I am at the mercy of my corporate IT to release an APP that makes my phone in compliance with security policy and with not too many WP8 users in my company, I am basically stuck. Not sure why MS guys did not think of this and the fact that forcing everyone to use Cloud is not really a secure mean.
Thanks ...

farzonalmaneih

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello Folks, I have been using Nokia Lumia920 for about a month and really noticing my limitations with respect to complying with my Company's privacy policies. While MS provide a way for us to Synch our contacts, emails, calenders through Cloud/Hot Mail as well as setting up a direct Outlook hook through exchange, it's not a secure solution. 90% of my work involves reading emails/calenders etc and this become even more important when I'm traveling. Now I am at the mercy of my corporate IT to release an APP that makes my phone in compliance with security policy and with not too many WP8 users in my company, I am basically stuck. Not sure why MS guys did not think of this and the fact that forcing everyone to use Cloud is not really a secure mean.
Thanks ...

I don't get this at all. These phones sync directly to exchange. No cloud needed.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I am guessing that the OP works somewhere where you need a VPN to connect to the server, not just over the internet (cloud)

Cactus213

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks that's what I meant to write ... with IT not supporting WP8, the other option that I have to keep my mails/calenders synched is to create Hotmail Connector hooks; manually transfer my mails/calenders to Hotmail. That means I will be breaking IT security policy as well as can't trust Hotmail to keep my contacts/calendars/emails from not hacked.

MS could have given us an easier way to synch phone through USB etc.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
maybe im not catching on, but is the issue not being able to sync with outlook for your company?

I have my company email provisioned which uses outlook and I am able to sync my contacts and have my calendar updated realtime.

FinsUpDNC

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
maybe im not catching on, but is the issue not being able to sync with outlook for your company?

I have my company email provisioned which uses outlook and I am able to sync my contacts and have my calendar updated realtime.

Some companies require a VPN to be established before you connect. A lot have switched to SSL, but plenty still using a version of VPN that WP does not work with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre