Rogers Lumia 920 no lte on Bell?

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone, sorry if this has been asked but is there no way to get lte to work on Bell? I have it unlocked and mms,internet sharing etc work but I can only get 4G to show. In tests I am getting hspa+ speeds. Any help would be great!

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I do have access point installed and the Lumia 920 is supposed to be pentaband so should support all the frequencies I thought?

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I never realized 4G was not LTE lol...ive not seen LTE symbol either...getting pretty quick speeds on Bell though with my unlocked Rogers 920

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
oh sorry my mistake, bell does use the 700 band as well.

the pentaband phone was only for I believe the 3G network and it was the first batch that came out.

Do you have an LTE sim card?

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Then sorry I don't know how to help you, I've seen the LTE symble...actually I've seen all the symbols like a car shifting into higher gears
O > E > 3G > 4G > LTE

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Then sorry I don't know how to help you, I've seen the LTE symble...actually I've seen all the symbols like a car shifting into higher gears
O > E > 3G > 4G > LTE

ive probably got a 3G sim....how can i tell the version of phone if some are not LTE?

if i get a 4G SIM...will it work with 3G devices...didnt know there was a difference

xalasten

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I seem to be getting an LTE signal now from time to time, I am not sure why but it seems to work somewhat. The speed difference is not really noticeable except when downloading something so I guess I will just deal with it. Thanks for all the tips everyone.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
so do I need to have a different SIM for LTE? I just took the SIM out of my old phone (3G), cut it down and it worked fine but I never see the LTE...just 4G..
I'm getting close to 30mbps with speedtest

Noob1ee

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
so do I need to have a different SIM for LTE? I just took the SIM out of my old phone (3G), cut it down and it worked fine but I never see the LTE...just 4G..
I'm getting close to 30mbps with speedtest

You will need an LTE sim, usually LTE sims will say LTE on the sim itself.

lipper2000

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Bell and LTE works for me..

Did you have to get a new LTE sim? When I look on the bell site the small sim's say they are for iphone5 only?!
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it...I thought the iphone4 and 5 had the same micro sim card...

I cut down my regular sim to size and it works fine but would like LTE which I am seemingly not getting as it never states LTE

Thanks.

slashd0t

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to get a new LTE sim? When I look on the bell site the small sim's say they are for iphone5 only?!
Perhaps I'm misunderstanding it...I thought the iphone4 and 5 had the same micro sim card...

I cut down my regular sim to size and it works fine but would like LTE which I am seemingly not getting as it never states LTE

Thanks.

I do have an LTE sim yes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
yes, you will need a micro bell sim that says LTE on it, not 3G, not 4G.

the LTE sim has access to the LTE network and lower.

the iPhone 5 will only take a nano sim, those only comes in LTE.

To be honest, you're not missing much with LTE at all. the only thing you'll notice is a huge battery drain from LTE and 3G

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro