Can't remove/disable password - HELP!

anthonylpz

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, my Lumia 920 was in my pocket today and when I took it out it prompted me to create a password. I tried to back out but it wouldn't let me, so I created a password in hopes to be able to remove it later. When I wen't to my lock screen settings, the password switch was set to on and it does not let me switch it off (it's grey).

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to remove/disable the password option in this case?

Thanks for your help in advance!

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
It shouldn't be grey. You need to enter old password to turn it off. How did it get a password just sitting in your pocket? :s

Something sounds fishy.

anthonylpz

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I put in the password... I know the password... that's not the problem.

The problem is that I can't switch the password setting from on to off, it's grey. That's my problem.

I've tried restarting the phone but that doesn't help :(

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Do you connect to some kind of corporate exchange email system? In most cases, those Exchange servers will enforece a password/PIN policy that you can't disable.

cozdad

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Same thing just happened to me! Password on/off switch is now greyed out and I have to enter this pass code every 5 minutes. It's doing my head in. Did you find out how to fix this?

hudsonvalley

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
as mentioned above - it must have been set remotely through a corporate exchange server.
just for the heck of it - check your microsoft account settings via web.

Tkellar

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
How do you look at the web account on line. I have not been able to connect to my office email because of security issues and now I can't remove my password :(

negatti

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem!!! And I have no idea what's going on and how to change it. It's really annoying... If someone figure out how to turn off required password, please let me know... I'd be grateful!

negatti

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem and no idea how to fix that. Typing password every time I want use the phone is so annoying :( If someone figure out how to fix that, please let me know...

Emmanuel Midzi

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't remove/disable password - ANSWER!

This is how I managed to get the password off and rig the irritation of entering password every minute:

SETTINGS --> LOCK+WALLPAPER --> PASSWORD ON (BLUE) ---> CHANGE PASSWORD (ENTER YOUR PASSWORD) ---> WALA!! (PASSWORD OFF)

Hope this will work for everyone with the password problem.

Emmanuel

Mominul Kabir

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Turn on your Windows mobile. Press on Setting then press on Lock Screen, there will show a Password, front of the password line has a small liver, if you pull the liver front, password will be enable in your system and if you pull it back password will be disable. Thanks

kiensign

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
It is because of the linked outlook account in your phone. It ensures security.

If you want to remove the password lock, you should remove the outlook account linked.

Go to:
1. Settings
2. slide right to applications
3. select people
4. scroll down to accounts
5. long press the outlook account and then select delete
6. go back to settings > systems > lock screen and then turn off the password

best regards,
Kien

baddersley

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
problem:
greyed out password option - cannot select off
reason:
it is because a workplace account / exchange account has been added and the workplace policy dictates a password is required
simple steps to remove password requirement from timeout: [honest]

settings => email + accounts
now remove any exchange accounts that are not required any longer...

settings => workplace
now remove any workplace accounts - use delete icon [trash bin]
it will then display 'password no longer required'

settings => lock screen
you can now swipe left to change password option to 'off'
it will request 1 x last time to enter the password

you now no longer have a password after timeout...
hope this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss