Best camera settings for Daylight photograph

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I have Lumia 920 with Peurtico pre-installed. Since I am not a professional photographer, what is the best MANUAL settings that for daylight pics, which would generate day light pictures better than iPhone 5 with as much details as possible?

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Turn off flash, turn off focus light...set ISO to 100 or so, and try. You can turn the exposure down to. Take a couple of samples with different settings, then you use the settings you like the most :) If you hold the phone as steady as you can, it will be sharper and more detailed. If you take landscape photos I usually find using the camera button to focus and shoot to be great, but when it's a specific object that's not so far away, I point the screen and shoot. :)

Even though your not a professional photographer, the settings should be easy to learn. :)

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Turn off flash, turn off focus light...set ISO to 100 or so, and try. You can turn the exposure down to. Take a couple of samples with different settings, then you use the settings you like the most :) If you hold the phone as steady as you can, it will be sharper and more detailed. If you take landscape photos I usually find using the camera button to focus and shoot to be great, but when it's a specific object that's not so far away, I point the screen and shoot. :)

Even though your not a professional photographer, the settings should be easy to learn. :)

Thank you. The settings are easy to learn but I need to learn the kind of output those settings will generate

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. The settings are easy to learn but I need to learn the kind of output those settings will generate

You will get that by experience. There are no settings set in stone. Every factor makes a different. You location, lighting, shadows, mist etc. You have to play around with it, take experimental shots and learn the settings your self based on your environment.

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Stick with all auto for now. Instead learn general photography concept like composition and exposure first and it will be 1000 times more useful. Afterwards you can play with the camera settings.

JonesCK1

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You can also try using "Sports" under scenes, this will guarantee a fast shutter and will prevent blurry shots from shaky hands or moving subjects. Also you can manually pick Daylight or Cloudy under white balance depending on whether its sunny or cloudy. Don't forget to switch back to auto when in doors or pictures will be dark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire