Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I will try this against anoother lumia 920 to see if I was right, If I was Ill come back here and burn you all haha

Last edited:

Axefield

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Re: Video demonstrating my image stabilization not working.

Are you serious?
You should take a Galaxy S III or iPhone 4S/5 on your other hand and Lumia on your other and try walking with video recording on both devices. Then compare the videos and you'll see the OIS of Lumia does work quite well.

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Video demonstrating my image stabilization not working.

Are you serious?
You should take a Galaxy S III or iPhone 4S/5 on your other hand and Lumia on your other and try walking with video recording on both devices. Then compare the videos and you'll see the OIS of Lumia does work quite well.

I know it works very well, thats why I bought the phone, it is just not working for me thats all.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: 30 sec Video demonstrating my image stabilization not working.

The stabilization is in hardware, not software. Imagine it like normal camera phones being a car with sports suspension, and the 920 being something with standard suspension.

Neither gets rid of bumps, but the 920 makes them a lot less harsh.

Kinalyx

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, im thinking you are expecting the image stabilization to be some sort of magic that allows you to shake uncontrollably and still have a perfect video or picture. The image stabilization is only to compensate for the fact that we cannot hold our hands completely still and tries to help keep the image still with the spring. This only works for VERY minor movements. Shaking the phone like a lunatic will still cause nausea inducing shaky video.

Shawn

AlphaRonin

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site

The stabilization is in hardware, not software. Imagine it like normal camera phones being a car with sports suspension, and the 920 being something with standard suspension.

Neither gets rid of bumps, but the 920 makes them a lot less harsh.

I have seen LOADS of videos of its working and its very effective, it is as If my phone didn't have it. The video I made should be MUCH MORE SMOOTH considering the small movements i was making but is not ! is like any other phone.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

See what it looks like just walking around normal shooting video. Not exaggerated jerks and shakes. I get the impression you expect it to give you perfectly smooth video if you shake it like a snowglobe. Which isn't the case.

BeaverJuicer

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Yeah dude, if you expect the little springs in the ois to account for this, your expectations are set way wrong. Sorry man.

supereddzz

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site

hahahah, Im just saying this is far from what I have seen on most youtube vids, where the stabilization is Amayzing.

Dude, do you have any idea how OIS works? If you did, you'd know that it is working (and working well!!!) in your example vid. My ?1,000 Canon lens has inbuilt OIS and it doesn't work too much better than this. Nokia have done an absolutely sterling job with the camera on this phone and if you can't appreciate that then you should send it straight back to the store you bought it from. I can assure you though, you won't find a better phone on the market.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

hahahah, Im just saying this is far from what I have seen on most youtube vids, where the stabilization is Amayzing.

Please post these videos for comparison.

I agree with everyone else. You're expecting to shake the camera all over and get a smooth video. That's not how it works sir.

DaveSC

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site

That's a great example of OIS actually working.

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

This thread is a joke, right? If you move your camera that much, why would it NOT move?

TK2011

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

This dude needs some serious help. In another thread he complains camera is not working in complete darkness and now this one.

Hey man, it's probably best for you and everyone here if you sell your phone to someone else.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Do you see the camera shaking up and down and left to right like a wild man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3