Won a phone, how the heck do I unlock it now?

Tardisntimbits

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have won a Nokia Lumia 920, yay! However, it did not include a plan...the phone was won through a Roger's contest. So now, my problem is, how the **** do I unlock it to use with my existing Koodo account? I am on a limited budget, so I can't go through a lot of money to do this, but I don't want to brick the phone before I even get a chance to use it. What can I do?

Josh Mackey

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Btw, that was he-ck, not the F word lol.

Niiiiiiiiiice, I know the contest you're talking about. Congradulations!

To answer your question though, Rogers can unlock it for $50 but you need a Rogers account to do so. I've heard the prepaid accounts work but your experiences may vary.

You could also try and find a third party unlock code but I don't know if they have working codes yet nor do I know their prices.

There's no risk to bricking a phone via trying to unlock it. However, I believe that if you enter the wrong unlock code 5? times it will permanently lock it to Rogers. Could be wrong about that though.

Tardisntimbits

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
That is what I have been reading too. I'm starting to wonder if it might not be cheaper to sell the phone, and use the winnings + my Koodo Tab towards a new one on their line....just seems a shame to waste a decent phone. =<

flame l

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
That only shows up to the Lumia 900, not the 920. Besides, I really worry about doing it through websites, I don't know what their motives are, or what the catch is.
I unlock my nokia lumia 920 on that site and it worked for me.I didn't expect to win on that contest with over 1500 entries.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Iunno about WP8 because I got lucky and am with fido when I got my Rogers HTC 8x off kijiji, but for my WP7 LG Optimus 7, which NO ONE USES, I found a guy literally in downtown or something, unlocked it for like 20$? 15$? It was awesome. I don't see why this isn't possible for wp8 but ye check around my friend. Don't lose hope :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb