Loose/wobble battery fixed!!!

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
you sure it's not the springs from ois that's wobbling?

I'm sure it's not the OIS. When I opened my phone the battery clearly had .5mm space to move around. Plus before I fixed the battery I could hear it moving around while shaking at arm length and now I only hear a tiny sound when I shake the phone right beside my ear, which probably is the camera.

Many people have this problem, there's vid on youtube of a guy just rotating the phone and the internal mics recorded the clucking noise from the loose battery. also I asked on xda and people replied saying their battery is also moving..

Last edited:

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
great, thank you for the video. I am curious if somebody found a way to fix the vibration rattle by opening and doing something to the phone? Some say it's the camera, some say they got it fixed by having the vibration motor replaced. Wonder if it's something as simple as reseating the motor?

ttxzee

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
can you post a pic of how big those credit card inserts are?

Hi, I think it's you I replied to on youtube... but ill also put the answer here for other people.. I just cut the corners off of the credit card. the depth of those little pieces are about 4mm (same depth as the battery).

however, depends on how big the gap is between the edge and the battery, other things with different thickness might be more suitable.

good luck! :)

great, thank you for the video. I am curious if somebody found a way to fix the vibration rattle by opening and doing something to the phone? Some say it's the camera, some say they got it fixed by having the vibration motor replaced. Wonder if it's something as simple as reseating the motor?

you're welcome and thanks for watching. To be honest I opened my phone twice but I never saw the motor.. there must be more disassembly to reach the motor/linear vibrator. based on the official nokia service manual, may internal screws and clips are single use items, to me that's just too much hassle.

Last edited:

TrCeaAstTer

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Gotta hand it to you! Thanks a lot. I got this fixed up probably in less than 5 min round trip. I really appreciate the video. I'd buy you a beer!

Ammar Alhebshi

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I tried it and in my case the credit card parts didn't go inside the gap. I used a medicine's cardboard box and it fitted better after tearing it up exactly for the gap.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that whenever I have bad battery life I just need to vigorously shake my phone, and it will start acting normal again. Why is this phone so bad?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb