Micro USB keyboard

mato6666663

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys!

I'd like to ask, if somebody out there knows anything about the micro USB keyboard designed for Windows Phone 8 (Or for my Lumia 920)... My classmate has a keyboard on his Samsung Galaxy SII and he is able to put in his micro usb keyboard and type with it.

I'd find this very useful for me, since we have a lot of writing in school, and I don't have a small notebook to bring to school.

I'd appretiate every answer. And sorry for my not so good english :)

Have a nice day

WorzelGummage

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
It wasn't possible to use a USB keyboard in WP7 and I don't think it is possible for WP8 devices either. It's probably to do with the lack of USB on the Go support for Windows Phone.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have the HP Bluetooth keyboard for the HP Touchpad and can confirm that it does not work. The phone sees it but doesn't connect.

I tried it to see if I can use it to type up a grocery list on One Note but it refused to connect.

weis

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Currently Windows Phone 8 does not support the Bluetooth HID profile, so no, you can't use a bluetooth keyboard with L920. I made the mistake of buying a Microsoft's (!!!!) wedge bluetooth keyboard assuming that it works on Microsoft's modern mobile operating system but how wrong was I... Well it works on my Nexus 7 so not a total waste, but still...

Last edited:

mato6666663

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for answers guys.... Do you know anything about Microsoft planning to include the Bluetooth HID profile? Is that a software's question?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo