AT&T does not list 920 on small business site and their customer service sucks

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I was looking to order the Nokia Lumia 920. I noticed if I go to AT&T's website and then go to the small business wireless section, the 920 is no where to be found. This seems totally dumb unless I'm missing something?

On a side note, I've met with an AT&T rep who wanted to sell me internet lines, T1's, etc. I told him we were not interested in that but would like a wireless quote for 20 lines. I never heard back from him even though he seemed interested in quoting us. I decided to chat with at&t instead and asked the chat agent if we had a local account rep. She said no and that I just have to call the business sales phone number. Is this the worst customer service or what? I can easily get a T-Mobile, Sprint, or Verizon rep to come in and speak with. It's ridiculous that the 920 is exclusively at at&t. They are a nightmare to deal with.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just visited the site, and I noticed that all of the devices that I saw were old, with the exception of the Samsung Galaxy III and iPhone 5.

BlackBerry 9000 (that's a device from 2008!), Samsung Galaxy Note (original, not Note 2), iPhone 4 & 4S, HTC Titan II, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Focus 2, Motorola Atrix were some of the old devices shown.

I guess they figure that employees do not need the latest and greatest smartphones if the business is buying the devices for the employees.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the AT&T store and met the business account manager who is sometimes at the store and travels around the area. Finally getting somewhere, looks like we'll be getting 920s after all!!

That doesn't make sense because if you switch over to them and sign contract, you can get the latest and greatest for free. Seems they just don't care to update the site.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I just went to the AT&T store and met the business account manager who is sometimes at the store and travels around the area. Finally getting somewhere, looks like we'll be getting 920s after all!!

That doesn't make sense because if you switch over to them and sign contract, you can get the latest and greatest for free. Seems they just don't care to update the site.
Excellent! I'm glad you got the issue resolved. ☺

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
We've been with ATT for a few months now. Absolutely can't stand their web site. Plus they constantly have billing mistakes in their favor. Planning to switch when contract is over. At least the other 3 have Windows Phones now. We'll probably go with T-Mobile next.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile was nice enough to buy us out of the contract. Just spent the last few days porting numbers and setting up Lumia 925s. Good bye ATT, we shall not meet again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786