Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

KissMyConverse

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

So far, I've never had any battery issues. During my work days, I'll be off charger for about 16 hours. And with a moderate amount of phone calls and texting and some light browsing, I'm usually only down to 75% to 80% by the time I get home. If I'm not using the phone, it can take a couple hours off charger before I even lose 1%. I haven't disabled anything on my phone besides setting Nokia drive to not run in the background. Also, when I'm going to lock my phone with the power button, I always hit the back button until it won't let me back up anymore. I don't know if this is necessary to conserve the battery, but it's what I do and my battery has been fine.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have only had mine a day, so I guess it needs breaking in. I haven't placed a call, sent two text messges, used the internet for 15 minutes, played no games. I have been setting up my start screen. NFC off, bluetooth off, sensitive screen off.

My battery information shows this:

Life = 72%
Remaining = 4 hours
Last Charge = 4 hours

That is really bad. I still have my Titan II with me and it was not charged last night at all. It was used a lot more then the 920 over the past 24 hours. It also has bluetooth on.

Here is the battery information for the Titan II:

Life = 51%
Remaining = 10 hours
Last Charge = 19 hours

Really? Man, this is no good so far.

If you already have a Titan II, how do you not remember going through the same calibration process when you first got it? Even Android phones show terrible battery life on day one.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

If you already have a Titan II, how do you not remember going through the same calibration process when you first got it? Even Android phones show terrible battery life on day one.

Probably because there was not 1000 posts about poor battery life on the Titan II, so I was not aware of an "issue". Look at the Titan II thread, it has been dead since it was first released. I don't care about Andorid phones, never owned one.

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

hi,if you hold the back button down you can see apps/pages open which i suppose are running in the background so it might be a good idea to to keep pressing the back button until theres no pages or apps open.

J_0han

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm back!

I haven't charged my phone in two days, or to be exact 39 hours.

Battery level reads 44%, and 1 day and 1 hour remaining with my use.

Same kind of settings as previously, Locations still on in the background.

I've had not that much use, maybe 1? hours of calls, 1 hour of internet use, 20 sms.

But still very nice, it is not draining on it's own like it was before.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

22% left
3 hrs
15 hrs since last charge

6 email with attachments
5 forum posts
10 min on the web
20 phone calls 3x9minutes 17 x3-5 min

Moocowdeluxe

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

My battery issue seems to revolve exclusively around the location (GPS) function and/or the Nokia Drive Beta. When I use Nokia Drive, the phone seems to sometimes (but not always) get abnormally hot (much more than normal smartphone getting warm under use) and the battery drains *fast*. If I neglect to "properly" close out Nokia Drive using the back button it'll usually continue until I do so, even with Nokia Drive not allowed to run in the background via the settings.

John Kwon

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe those that say these new batteries need conditioning. I also believe those that say draining down and recharging the battery multiple times can be bad for the battery's long-term performance. But after 2 weeks of normal "conditioning," I got tired of having my phone die halfway through the day. So I've cycled my battery twice by just using it to death, which seemed to help a tiny bit. Then, I got the free WPBench app, ran the battery test (which drains your battery at a quick rate; took nearly 2 hours), and charged it again.

It's way better now. I might actually get more than 17 hours of moderate use before it needs charging.

jwsohn

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

Last night, I noticed that my Lumia 920 was draining my battery pretty fast. I did nothing, but the full charge dropped to 70% after 6 hours of complete inactivity.

Before this, I was having a good battery performance. I had problems with my battery for the first 10 days or so. I was worried about this and had a factory reset about one week ago. That solved everything. After the factory reset, one charge was going up more than 24 hours with light use.

Last night, the only thing I did was installing gMaps pro from windowsphone.com and several updates from the Store app which includes Nokia's extra+ app. (I do not remember the details.) I suspect something is running in the background. By the way, Nokia drive beta had been off from running background. NFC had been off too.

I had a soft reset to see if that clears up anything running in the background. I am going to see if this helps with my battery charge level.

JammyGitz

Banned
Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I ran the WPBench app battery test for exactly 1 minute and lost 2% battery, does anyone else have similar results?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

can someone explain to me how this happens? My battery died st 8pm last night, the phone says good bye and turns off. 40 minutes later I turn the phone back on and its on 0% and at 0% I streamed 1 hr worth of a movie then put the phone on my desk . I woke up at 3am and the phone was still working st 0% . I then put it on the charger and went back to sleep. Recap--dead at 8pm--840pm turn back on at 0%--watched 1hr Netflix movie in 0%- -stays on standby until 3am on 0%.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

can someone explain to me how this happens? My battery died st 8pm last night, the phone says good by and turns off. 40 minutes later I turn the phone back on and its on 0% and at 0% I streamed 1 hr worth of a movie then put the phone on my desk . I woke up at 3am and the phone was still working st 0% . I then put it on the charger and went back to sleep

That's what many people been talking about with calibration issues, I think I even posted a tip to calibrate your battery it in your rant thread about bad battery life.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

if you did post then thank you for responding but to be honest I can't recall what happened yesterday :) its been that kind of week.i did the discharge thingy 2 times.
I was just wondering is it a 920 issue or a windows phone 8 issue and are the Samsung and HTC phones experiencing similar issues?

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

No idea where the issue is, I usually do it whenever I get any sort of technical product be it a laptop, mobile, tablet or whatever. I've found that the Apple products I bought before were usually well calibrate and came with 2 or so cycles on their batteries.

I've completely discharged mine twice now and today my battery life seems great. I've had it off charger for 5 hours doing some texting and I was testing wifi hotspot this morning for 15-20 min and im currently at 85% battery left. This is with it location services on (it actives randomly from what I've seen), LTE is on and I got my calender and mail set to push so I receive mails instantly.

It did get a little bit hot this morning after I first got my LTE running but after a restart of the phone it's fine.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

hows the hotspot on the phone? Is that the att mobile share plan or you just have tethering? I currently have the unlimited grandfathered in plan but now the mobile share plan with 20 gigs and feather is the same as what I'm paying do I might switch

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

I live in Sweden so I just got my 10GB LTE plan (we get to tether or whatever to use our data over here). Didnt really get my wifi hotspot up and running properly with my Macbook Air, most likely just some small issue but I was late for work when testing. In my last post I said 5 hours of runtime but it was closer to 6. Currently at 84% battery left after 6.5 hours :p.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
My phone has never said more than 11 or 12 hours remaining. And some if you have it show over 1 or 2 days?!
I charged mine overnight to 100%. I have Location, cellular, and WiFi off. I have all background tasks blocked. Mine says friggin 10 hours. If I turn on battery saver, it says 11.

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

My phone has never said more than 11 or 12 hours remaining. And some if you have it show over 1 or 2 days?!
I charged mine overnight to 100%. I have Location, cellular, and WiFi off. I have all background tasks blocked. Mine says friggin 10 hours. If I turn on battery saver, it says 11.

Estimated time left is based on what you've been doing the 15 or so minutes before. What is important is your actual drainage.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site

is it possible that because the phone has that wireless charging thing that is somehow is attracting a magnetic current from other electronic devices such as my PC Xbox and monitor that were within 15 inches of the phone? Or just a calibration issue because my theory is sexier :)

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Haha, I think the OS is just not aware of just how much juice is left in the battery, that is fixed by running it flat and then charging it full.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12