Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

bt66

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

Totally agree with you. These are my exact thoughts. The battery indicator is not accurate. Even the little battery indicator does not match the % on settings screen.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Well, my two 8X both will easily last a day, with 'Nfc' and 'Attentive Phone' both disabled. But, only if I am in Edge/Wlan most of the time. Cause 3/4G are battery drainers.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been monitoring my L920 for a few days because my battery life has improved dramatically after 3 weeks. Anyway I took my phone off the charger at 9am. I played an hour and half of Nokia music and 2 five min phone calls by noon and read wpc on the app for about 45 minutes. My battery was at 93%. I played angry birds for 20 minutes and checked the wpc app every 30 minutes throughout the day and at 9pm I had 55% battery. I have 3 email accounts all set to check every 15 minutes and WiFi and NFC turned off. The only background tasks I have running are wpc app and weather channel. In the first 2 weeks of having this phone with similar usage I would be out of juice by 2-3pm.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I played music over the original headphones for 40 minutes and checked a forumsite twice.
No apps running in the background, Skype uninstalled and NFC/BT disabled.

20% battery drained.

So now Im shipping mine back to Clove to get a replacement unit, hopefully Ill have it by the end of the week and with no dead pixels/squeeky unibody/raised flash/freezes&reboots.

falconsfan1978

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

my lumia 920 battery was not good at all had to charge it 3 times aday and to me that is way to much so i did a factory reset and when i tried to boot it up i could not get passed the nokia logo on book up so of course i returned it iv only had it 10 days and att said they would not have any for 2 weeks so i walked out with a samsung galaxy s3,not a bad phone and man i really missed my apps i did not have on my lumia,good luck people the lumia was a beautiful device,thanks

wpstan

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
You needed to let it discharge completely a few times..then charge it up completely..battery life much better after doing this..worked for me

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

No problems, I think most problems stem from people not calibrating their devices by completely draining them (you have to turn it on again after it shuts off) and maybe not having decent settings.

Mine is currently at 61% after around 21 hours off the charger, I got 1 email account (with contacts and whatnot) that are set to "as they arrive" (ie Push) and I am on LTE all the time. Been snapping a few photos and also surfing/texting/talking on the phone and let a few friends play around with it showing them Nokia maps with GPS and such. Part of the time I was also in a 3G only/weak LTE area but still had LTE set to maximum connection speed so I bet it kept trying to connect to it. I haven't even had mine for a week to it is still improving with every charge.

masterfisherman

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site

So just an update, I ran my battery out till the phone shut off, charged to 100%. I did this twice now and since, my battery life has improved. 35% left after 24 hours off the charger. Prior to I was getting ~30% left after 12-14 hours with less phone usage.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site

I'm finding that there are definitely some rouge processes from background apps killing the battery. Normally, I've been about to get through a day (about 12 hours) with about 60% remaining. Today though, after being at work for 3 hours, I found my phone slightly warm, along with this:

wp_ss_20121203_0001.png

Just last week, 3 hours into the day, I'd be above 90% battery life. There were a few app updates this weekend, but I actually removed a few live tile apps that I found weren't really useful (CNN, Weave). The only new app I've installed between last week and today was the Nokia photobeamer app to give it a go.

Also, in the time it's taken to prepare this post, it's dropped to 38%...

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site

The lack of response from Nokia and I'm now on my second phone in 9 days is making me lean towards giving up on the device and just sticking with the Note 2. I really do love the UI but I can't be tethered to a wall all day.

oldpueblo

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

To be fair, this drain issue seems to be a bear to track down. So many people are having acceptable battery life, even with the drain like I am. Because people's usage varies it can be really hard to pinpoint, and if the issue is in fact rogue apps, that can be hard to track down in manufacturing. Nokia I'm sure are looking into it, but it could just as easily be a WP8 issue and if they came out and publicly said we are looking at battery issues then they may take the blame when it's not their fault. Might be better to not say anything till it's figured out.

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site

To be fair, this drain issue seems to be a bear to track down. So many people are having acceptable battery life, even with the drain like I am. Because people's usage varies it can be really hard to pinpoint, and if the issue is in fact rogue apps, that can be hard to track down in manufacturing. Nokia I'm sure are looking into it, but it could just as easily be a WP8 issue and if they came out and publicly said we are looking at battery issues then they may take the blame when it's not their fault. Might be better to not say anything till it's figured out.

Well considering Nokia and MS are in a partnership till death do them part (which may very well happen), why not come out with a joint statement saying they are working together to determine the issue? No finger pointing needs to take place.

gbbg

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone magically died in sleep today. It wad about 96% before going to bed. Thank god no alarms were set on it. Today morning after turning it on, this was the battery state.
Edit: Dang how can I attach a pic to this?
Edit: https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121127_0001 (2).png
    wp_ss_20121127_0001 (2).png
    119.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

oakworth

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

hi,took mine in yesterday to phones4you and the tech people told me to do a reset but then it never got further than the NOKIA logo so today ive got another phone.Am gunna run battery discharge to fully drain the battery then a full charge overnight and let see how this new phone goes on

Seismo

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site

Well considering Nokia and MS are in a partnership till death do them part (which may very well happen), why not come out with a joint statement saying they are working together to determine the issue?

They don't need to issue a joint statement. Nokia has already said they're investigating the issue, although a bit dismissively.
We are investigating, but we currently suspect that some applications may be using power when left running in the background. While we learn more, we advise people when finished with an application to navigate away using the back button as this will close it rather than leaving it active in the background.

Source:
Lumia 920 Battery Drain Issues Might be Due to Nokia Drive Running in Background (How to Fix) : My Nokia Blog

SteveISU

Sep 26, 2006
Visit site

Has anyone checked their data usage to see if it's gone up substantially? My guess is this thing may be banging off LTE even when connected on Wifi. It's easy to track it on Android, but not sure if there's an app for that on WP8 or you have to look at your data usage via AT&T.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
1. I find it funny how people say the battery problem is also a user problem. We should nit have to condition any battery.
2.my phone will give me good battery life if I barely touch it but once I start playing with it the battery drains. We shouldn't be scared to use these smart phones . My wifes iPhone 5, my 3gs and 4 and my bro in laws gs3 and galaxy express all provide great battery life in use. No one should have a fear of using their device and having it drain. This has to be addressed asap . I'm fed up with wp8 and the l920 but I'm going to hold out and hope they fix the issues in 2 months. Plus we have to deal with a subpar camera. I feel like I have a side kick again.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

My 1st phone, i had to baby the phoen to get full day usage, but it wouldnt last.

my replacement is on par with what i was doing with the focus s, 900, and samsung galaxy s3. All three of those phones woudl be around 20% by bed time at around 11-1130, 1st phone was 20% by 3 pm off the charger at 7:30am. 2nd phone gets me through the day with about 20% by bed time. Phone lasted me through 2 am on Saturday with about 9% left. Im at 1 day and 5 hour off the charger with 44% left, i didnt use it much yesterday so i started my day with 82% when i left for work on 7:45 am. I should be able to get the rest of the day easily with normal usage.

With my 1st phone, i was a believer that the people with good batteries are exaggerating and i still think that to a point, but after experiencing this 2nd phone, there is good battery life with this phone, for some reason there is just a lot of bad ones out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss