Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

darkasrzerotwo

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Top 10 method to increase Battery Life for Lumia 920

I read somewhere in this forum where someone did something to his lumia 920 to get impressive battery life. His method was making an outlook email and set it up in wp8. Then, link other email accounts such as yahoo, hotmail and gmail to the outlook account. The reason why he did not use normal gmail setup was because gmail will constantly reading to the server even though it has been closed. I did not fully understand it either but it surely works! Before applying this method, my max battery life as stated in battery info was 16 hours. Surprisingly after doing the outlook method it increase to 1 day and 12 hours. That's a very big difference i must say. Another thing is turn the screen brightness to low. Hope this helps.

I've added a screenshot. Have a look.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20121230_0001.png
    wp_ss_20121230_0001.png
    137.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: Top 10 method to increase Battery Life for Lumia 920

I would like to know the reason for turning off high contrast mode. I use it and have great battery life.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Does having the theme set to dark instead of light really have an effect on the battery life? I read that on LCD screens the color of the pixels doesn't matter.

SevenDead1ySinz

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

My battery issues started few days a go, before it my battery could go over 2 days with semi use. After the issue my phone went dark in 2-3h and didnt start after few hours. I made hard boot last night and used my back up from skydrive and now i have followed the battery level all the time. Last night it was 77% and after 14h its 74%, so far looking good. I have no idea what could have caused the battery issues, because i didnt download any new apps / updated any. My setting are Wlan off, bluetooth off, Nfc off, location on, 4G, 2 mail accounts updating every 1h, brightness automatic, and the touch is high.
im thinking this is some sort of software bug the battery is fine, but the phone cant read/took everything off it?

Keep WLan on. With WiFi the phone uses less battery power to transmit and receive data than if it were using Cellular. This is why WiFi always on was an important feature to have.

pochreyes

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't know if someone notice this already but i think i found the cause of the battery drain - at least on my devices. (I have 2 Lumia 920s). I get intermittent battery performance, some times very good (say over night, battery saver off) to sometimes very bad (unplugged for 2 hours and batter goes down to 80%). I have setup both phones exactly the same way (except that I have different mobile providers for each) - apps, configuration, etc. Just this morning, one of my phone acted up again (fully charged last night and over night battery is < 80%) and i noticed that various email+account items (MS Exchange corp email, facebook, twitter, MS account to be specific) are kind of left "syncing" indefinitely. All of my email are configured to fetch emails manually, so push is disabled. the only thing i cannot chance is Hotmail-because there is no option to manually pull mails.

So when i tried to change the connection from for 3G to 2G and back to 3G, nothing happened-state is still "syncing." That's when i realized that it kind of hung already so i restarted the unit. Finally after restarting, the email/facebook/twitter accounts completed synching. for several hours now, the same unit's battery level is 100% w/ 3G on.

Anybody noticed this? I'm running WP 8.0.9903.10

Davidkoh

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site

Keep WLan on. With WiFi the phone uses less battery power to transmit and receive data than if it were using Cellular. This is why WiFi always on was an important feature to have.

Unless you are in an area where you are not connected to a WiFi, then it is using more power to have WiFi on. WiFi always on is a good feature if you don't mind to turn on/off WiFi all the time

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
My 1st Lumia 920 the battery wad great and didn't drain too bad.

My new lumia 920, which ive had since Sunday was quite poor with it draining quite fast even in standby mode that was until i charged it fully from dead then used it until it hit 60%. I then performed a soft reset and left it charging overnight.

Took my phone off charge at 8am and currently its 91% with the time being 14:20PM. Only checked my mail today and made a few calls along with going on WP central.

Udoh Progress

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Please, i feel concerned now. whenever, i turn off my Phone to charger, it comes back on itself. Is this normal or i need to return it?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Being that so many of us have battery issues I was wondering what's the real world performance of the 920's battery supposed to be? Stand by is excellent. My phone loses about 1-2% on standby over 9 hours but once I have the screen on and do anything it melts. I've lost 47% in 2 hours by googling 2 things , amazon.com search 1 thing and Barnes and nobles .com searching for a book plus 1 13minute phone call.

dumeng

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site

Being that so many of us have battery issues I was wondering what's the real world performance of the 920's battery supposed to be? Stand by is excellent. My phone loses about 1-2% on standby over 9 hours but once I have the screen on and do anything it melts. I've lost 47% in 2 hours by googling 2 things , amazon.com search 1 thing and Barnes and nobles .com searching for a book plus 1 13minute phone call.

cmon.. my lumia 920 drain 2% every hours on airplane mode over night.. dammit...

DrNitun

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I had the same issue with the Lumia 900. Nokia and Microsoft have smart and intelligent people working for them. There HAS to be a fix.

My Lumia 920 has pretty much the same issues as noted above. Clearly, reducing apps and functions (Bluetooth off or making sure all apps are closed) is not the answer for a phone with powerful specs!

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

on my 4th 920, i feel like this is the one! yesterday when i received, the battery was at 50% at around 4pm in the mail. Lasted me to 10% at around 11:30.

Today, off the charger 8am and its at 48% at 7:30 here, so i should be able to reach bedtime with 10-20% left easily.

Previous phones wouldnt get past 3pm due to significant drain when idle.

Hpoefully this keeps up and my phone doesn't brick..

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site

4th phone update, looks like the battery is legit. Got full days use with like 20-30% left when going to bed the last two days. Almost no battery drain while on standby which is probably the issue with most of the phones. Of course, if you use, the battery drains, but still, i got full days worth 8am to 12am easily without any effort of saving batteries. Two push emails, 3 background tasks, skype. Still not ready to install whatsapp, i dont trust that app and it is buggy.

So far so good, i didnt reset the phone, drain it to 0% or anything. Just used as is and plugged it in before going to bed, no issues.

Hopefully no other problems persist, not doing a wireless charge to make sure it doesnt brick

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

How does one go about calibrating the battery? I've heard that to be a known solution. Do you just unplug it from a 100% and let it drain all the way down? Then charge it back up to a 100%?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99