Lumia 920 battery - Your opinions

anon(5332690)

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Re: lumia 920 Battery Issues

Anyone else is having the issue, that when charging (wired) the display reacts "strange" or not at every input you do? Got this for a couple of weeks now, but not at every charging run.
I sometimes can't even unlock my screen properly, because it "loses" the touch during the sliding up motion and the picture drops down to the ground again.
Or when I'm typing a message (fast), it misses out characters...

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I deleted Nokia Music from my phone and the battery immediately went from dropping 10% every hour to about .5% every hour. Pretty great!

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I've noticed when I set the display to medium/high + automatic, the battery dies quick with heavy use... possibly get around 12hours

When screen is set to low+automatic, battery will last quite a while

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
How does one go about calibrating the battery? I've heard that to be a known solution. Do you just unplug it from a 100% and let it drain all the way down? Then charge it back up to a 100%?
drain it, drain it until it literally won't turn on, until u get a black dark screen, past the battery low icon that appears, and you will have great battery life. I went from 7 to 18 hr usage, and then Charge all they way up and then use:)

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

drain it, drain it until it literally won't turn on, until u get a black dark screen, past the battery low icon that appears, and you will have great battery life. I went from 7 to 18 hr usage, and then Charge all they way up and then use:)

Drained it for the past two days, and when it finished charging over night, I've so far had the best battery yet. 1% per hour on idle drain. 5 background tasks, and currently shows 5 days until battery is depleted. Much improved compared to previous times I'd check after phone is sitting idle.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Drained it for the past two days, and when it finished charging over night, I've so far had the best battery yet. 1% per hour on idle drain. 5 background tasks, and currently shows 5 days until battery is depleted. Much improved compared to previous times I'd check after phone is sitting idle.

good to hear, spread the word, ppl are getting told its bad for battery, best thing to do :)

wjlim3

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I sort of agree with draining the battery....i drained mine 3 times or so and it then became much better, definitely lasts me throughout the day with same usage as when I first got it (when it had 'poor' battery life coz it dies after 3 hours of surfing)

OpieMC

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Battery started draining while it was in standby. When I checked my battery status app, it reported to have started draining about an hour after I put it down, so I can't think of anything that made it start draining.

So I let it drain until I got to the battery with red bar symbol. Charged to 100%, removed from charger, and it was still draining, then I did a hard reset. After the hard reset, my battery has been more amazing than ever! I'm hoping it stays that way. I'm going to stay away from unofficial and third party apps for the mean time. The default apps do everything I expect from a smartphone, anyway.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Very strange battery performance at the moment. Im currently going for the full drain and full recharge route.

So at midnight my phone was on 31% so i though forget charging if and do a full drain. Wake up around 7ish and the battery is on 4% im like wtf its lost over 25% in standby mode. So i snooze for abit til 8 Am and the phone switches off so i switch it bk on and it currently says 0%. Time is now 9:20am and its still going on 0%. Surely that means the problem lies with the software and not the actual battery? I will post again when the battery finally does die fully.

RN50

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
haha strange, did u do a soft reset? That should make the percentage go up to its actual number. And ya keep draining it, it'll figure itself out soon

cheers for that, just did a soft reset and the percentage has gone to 23%. Very strange indeed and goes with my theory that's the software has a bug which is fixable and its not the actual battery. So far battery has lasted 32 hours with around 8 left.

rareohs

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site

I've been having serious issues lately, too. I have the latest portico update, and have noticed with minimal use the battery drains quick. 100% after an all-night charge, unplugged at 6am, by 10am typically down to 60%, by noon 30%, and this is really, really not using it much. Not totally idle, but checking email a few times, a few short phone calls, a little surfing. No gaming, no videos, nothing straining, and I've never had Skype on there. Here's what I've tried so far:

-turned off wifi and bluetooth --> no improvement
-uninstalled gMaps --> no improvement
-uninstalled Facebool --> no improvement
-background tasks running: limited to Battery Level for WP8, CNN, WeatherFlow, WPCentral :) --> no improvement but haven't tried turning those ones off yet
-powered phone completely off for 5 min, restarted --> no improvement
-yesterday, for 1st time ever, drained battery until the phone turned off, then charged back. today will let it run down to 0% again and recharge. plan on doing that cycle 3 full times. So far, after 1 cycle, no big changes.

-if that fails, I was going to do a soft reset.
-if THAT fails, hard reset
-if THAT fails, uninstall other apps?!?!?!

Uggh, this is frustrating, i have this bomber phone that I'm afraid to unleash to it's full potential. :eck:

windoh

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I've had a Lumia 920 for the past week or so. Love it's look and power. But I am concerned about battery drain, particularly with video and games. What's the typical drop in percentage when running a YouTube video or movie? I'm losing a percentage point every other minute. I bench tested it against my HTC Vivid and the Vivid held its charge much better on video. Gaming, even low-level games like the Paperboy ripoff, drain the battery at about this rate as well.

What should be my target for this phone? Note that it doesn't seem to matter if I turn off Nokia Drive, background tasks or turn on airplane mode.

I'm hoping that it's true that the battery gets stronger with each charge. It has been holding its charge better after it hits 100% (for instance, I can run video for about a half hour before it loses a percentage point) but drops back to its old rate after the honeymoon period.I downloaded Battery Sense and according to it the phone loses up to 32% per hour when video is running. I also notice that the battery loses 4/5% after I reboot the phone.

theeboredone

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site

Just wanted to update. It's been nearly 24 hours since I calibrated and unplugged my phone. With some light use (30 minutes of music, 15 minute emails, 5 background tasks), I currently have 67%. Idle % drain has increased from 1 per hour to 2. I'm going to see if I can get through the work day.

anon(5503495)

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been having serious issues lately, too. I have the latest portico update, and have noticed with minimal use the battery drains quick. 100% after an all-night charge, unplugged at 6am, by 10am typically down to 60%, by noon 30%, and this is really, really not using it much. Not totally idle, but checking email a few times, a few short phone calls, a little surfing. No gaming, no videos, nothing straining, and I've never had Skype on there. Here's what I've tried so far:

-turned off wifi and bluetooth --> no improvement
-uninstalled gMaps --> no improvement
-uninstalled Facebool --> no improvement
-background tasks running: limited to Battery Level for WP8, CNN, WeatherFlow, WPCentral :) --> no improvement but haven't tried turning those ones off yet
-powered phone completely off for 5 min, restarted --> no improvement
-yesterday, for 1st time ever, drained battery until the phone turned off, then charged back. today will let it run down to 0% again and recharge. plan on doing that cycle 3 full times. So far, after 1 cycle, no big changes.

-if that fails, I was going to do a soft reset.
-if THAT fails, hard reset
-if THAT fails, uninstall other apps?!?!?!

Uggh, this is frustrating, i have this bomber phone that I'm afraid to unleash to it's full potential. :eck:

I did 4 cycles until it worked, the last cycle was drained completely until it wouldn't turn on

DAIMONDY

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I had 80% battery and after playing Hockey Nations for literary 10 mins it dropped to 60%. That's seems like alot for 10mins of play.

Seem normal to you?

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

I had 80% battery and after playing Hockey Nations for literary 10 mins it dropped to 60%. That's seems like alot for 10mins of play.

Seem normal to you?

The only thing that is normal is that the 920 battery goes down quicker than people expect.

Why is an unknown quantity... it appears quite random to me. Just when you think you see a pattern, you don't.

The only thing I'll say for sure is the phone is capable of good battery life, it just rarely provides it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb