Lumia 920 reviews

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Im loving my lumia 920 and here's why!

While making a long trip over the holiday break, my speedo cable in my car snapped (I rock a DA teggy). I was using the rpm's to guess my speeds but I thought to myself "lets see if this nokia navigation has anything useful." I start it up and right on the initial screen of the app it had a "mph," which shocked me. So I am using that as I wait for my part. Just a few hours ago, I was thinking, "man it would be cool to put my integra service manual onto my phone," so I went onto skydrive, uploaded the da service manual (thanks to the person who dedicated their life to make sure every page of this huge manual was online and for free!!!), downloaded the "pdf reader" app on the wp app store and now I have it all on my phone! Everything is so seamless (simple copy and paste) between computer and my phone.

I got some car grease on my phone (cyan 920). Just using some rag, it wiped right off. I was at a store reading and a few people asked me what phone I had (it was similar to that samsung commercial where the apple sheeps are in line suprised by the gs3, lol). Just being able to put tiles updating my stock positions is wonderful. I digging the picture and video quality too.

I am learning something new with the lumia 920 + windows phone 8 and so far its going good. I know there are a few things that are lacking but I like how nokia/microsoft are eager for feedback. A great device.

I thought I'd share some cool apps I found too that go well with the lumia 920/windows 8 for new users like myself.

Here they are:

-"my stocks portfolio" -- live tiles of your holdings, performance
-"appflow app discover" -- nice apps that might be not popularly known
-"family guy" -- soundboard of family guy. This one costs money on another platform so its cool its free here.
-"pdf reader" -- It had bad reviews before it was fixed so ignore the reviews. You have to upload from sky drive. Great app
-"baby monitor" -- You can turn your pc into a webcam. I think the app should be renamed because it can be more than a baby monitor.
-"PC remote" -- you can turn your phone into a remote. Turn off, hibernate operate a few things too and even use it as a track pad.

I posted the not so known ones that I am enjoying. I have noticed that wp8 users are more into astronomy compared to other platforms for some reason but that's a plus for me!

Battery life was weird at first but after the first drain, its pretty good now. One thing for sure is after you download a ton of apps, make sure you look into "background apps" and turn the ones you don't want to run in the background.

Thats all! I only have only gripe so far. When your typing somethig on the nokia and you want to make a correction few sentences above, its so hard to get between to letters because there isn't a zoom feature that shows where your putting your thumb over. Either its a miss that nokia or ms overlooked or crapple has it patented, lol.

happynoodleboy

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Im loving my lumia 920 and here's why!

I'm glad you are liking you Lumia 920 so far, I love mine. To get the cursor into the right spot just hold your finger on the screen by where you want the cursor to be and a cursor will appear above your finger. Then just drag the cursor to where you want it. Works great for me.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Im loving my lumia 920 and here's why!

Glad you're enjoying your phone!

If you tap and hold, you will be able to move the cursor exactly where you want it. Give it a try. :)

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

If you tap and hold, you will be able to move the cursor exactly where you want it.
I actually truly feel that MS implemented the best way to drop a cursor on a touch screen UI. It is simply the best. Their copy and paste is also super easy, fast, and intuitive. Love it.

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

If its not patented, I thinking having the word "in zoom" above your finger is more practical than just a cursor.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
impressions over the first 24 hrs

love nokia music, games are awesome, love the screen,sound is great. some things i am really missing coming from an iphone 3gs-clock,timer,alarms and stopwatch all under the same app. having issues getting text messages and emails. i am used to getting notifications when those arrive on my i phone. battery life is terrible the phone has been charged twice in 24 hours and is currently charging again, it must have been discharged too far because it has been on the charger for over 30 min and still will only show me the charging icon. i'm jealous of my wife's siri assistant, so far the nokia is like talking to an idiot when you choose to use the voice commands, so far it is a useless feature. fit and finish of the phone is perfect no creaking or loose spots. if you guys know of any useful aps or fixes for my phone i'd like to thank you in advance.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: impressions over the first 24 hrs

Siri is a cool party trick for now, I have only used mine to test it out - no real use. Battery life gets better over time, give it a week before making a judgement.

mrshamoozoo

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site

hold down the down volume + power button untill the phone reboots. then start charging the phone. the battery is weird in that thing, especially after you first get it. give it some time and keep charging that beauty

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

new update, NOKIA MUSIC SUCKS, songs wont play it is more like a store than a streaming music service like it was advertised, once in awhile it will play a song and then sit there, what a joke i really didn't need another puzzle.

NinjaPenguin777

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

What are you talking about? I've had zero issues using Nokia music. I can pick and stream stations just fine. I can also play my own music just fine. You sound like a troll or someone that really doesn't know what they are doing

johninsj

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

new update, NOKIA MUSIC SUCKS, songs wont play it is more like a store than a streaming music service like it was advertised, once in awhile it will play a song and then sit there, what a joke i really didn't need another puzzle.

Works fine for me. Stream channels and custom channels for hours at a time.

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site

Voice commands work okay, but the dictation for texts and emails should work very well. Pin your email accounts to the home screen and when you get one, a number will pop up on the icon.

akroy

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

key words "works fine for me" does not help and i am not a troll i really need to find out what i did wrong or what is going on with the phone. calling everyone that lodges a complaint a troll is what drives people away from the forum and possibly from the brand. and belittling my intelligence isn't going to help either.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site

key words "works fine for me" does not help and i am not a troll i really need to find out what i did wrong or what is going on with the phone. calling everyone that lodges a complaint a troll is what drives people away from the forum and possibly from the brand. and belittling my intelligence isn't going to help either.

Well shouting with caps doesn't help your cause either.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

You've had the phone for 24hrs so setting up the phone, syncing, downloading apps will drain more during this time as with any phone during the honeymoon period.

I've streamed Nokia music for almost a month on a daily basis at work for a minimum of 4hrs with no issues. The voice commands works for me but I've only made calls, send/reply texts and emails while driving to work and it was accurate 9 out of 10 times. The only time it messed up was when I was composing a long text and it didn't recognized punctuations. It opens apps and programs just fine for me when I ask it to.

Just so you'll know, the phone will not charge as fast as your wife's iPhone. Not trying to insult you but coming in to a Nokia 920 sub forum just after 24hrs saying stuff like "voice commands are useless and Nokia music sucks" doesn't sound intelligent to me....just throwing that there for you to consider. You need to give it a little more time

sullibr01

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

I did not see any request for help in your second post, and as tissotti mentioned, the use of CAPS didn't help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786