Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes and now my wife also wants one. She now has a Samsung Galaxy ... (one of the many types, don't know which). Its an ugly plasticy thing running some old version of Andriod. But once she got her hands on my Lumia she fell in love with the beautiful design and quality of the 920 and the fresh UI of Windows phone. I'm trying to convince her into getting the 620 and save some money haha. But she wants the best of the best... I guess the only two problems we have now is choosing the color and actually getting one. They're still in short supply here in Holland...

Let her get the aluminium body or whatever that's going to be announced in MWC in less than 3 weeks time! I know it won't be easy on your pocket, but latest and greatest it is!

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I would chose the Lumia 920 again without a doubt.

At least 75% of the griping I have seen is over minor points or user error. The rest I think Nokia has done it's typically exemplary job of addressing. I had absolutely no problems with my 900 and I have had none with my 920 either.

I am not dissuaded by the litany of complaints I see here, because I visit other forums and I know that any phone forum is primarily a ***** fest. People rarely post on a forum to say everything is great unfortunately. Most people seem to think forums are a complaint department and their pointless griping at an audience which cannot resolve their problem really takes away from the community.

greycounciller

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd originally bought a Nexus 4 and the L920, sold the Nexus 4 and kept the L920 just because of the glass back and fear of dropping it.
I know the 920 is just as brittle screen wise, but I kinda wish I stuck to the N4, just for the apps an customization.
I don't think WP8 will improve that situation because WP8 and Win8 are built with the silly phrase "The Best User Experience" in mind.
This has led to too many hoops for devs to jump through and difficulty in making apps to run on limited access in the hardware. Maybe this is why many apps already available are just an extension of those already on offer on the phones themselves.
I hope MS do address this point and we do get to see many of the better mainstream titles appearing on WP8.
Until then, as good my L920 is, I just get the feeling "the grass is greener on the other side" so wouldn't recommend, YET!!

WibbleWobbleWuh

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Our iPhones, mercifully, are history; my wife and myself love our new 920's. 3 Days in Germany without recharging? That's impressive... Had to be canny with battery life 'though and limit the number of Zombies being killed by plants as I forgot my phone charger - but it was still good for phone calls 3 days later (I turned off a lot of power draining features just in case - apart from PvZ). I am completely sold on Nokia Music; I'm listening to a Reggae mix right now through the Nokia JBL PowerUp Speaker, it's playing wirelessly as well as charging wirelessly - how cool is that? The only downside to the Nokia 920 is cost (I think an 820 on contract is probably better value for money) but as an object of desire to own and use, irrespective of cost, we both love our 920's

Thigis

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
yes, great phone, provided you stay away from battery measuring apps ;)

but smasung did chase me away with truly horrible customer service.. assholes

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'd probably do it again, but I do want to try out an 8X as well. I may do a trade if someone wants a 900 for their 8X.

Oliver Newell

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
No I would not. Its a very overrated phone and I fail to see why people call it the flagship windows 8 phone. I have one in black which I got from amazon UK, paid ?529 for it and it is very poor value. The build quality isn't as great as people are making out. The simcard slot on mine isn't flush with the phone, there is a rattle when it vibrates, the headphone jack doesn't always recognise that headphones/Earphones are plugged in and has caused me embarrassment. I think the phone feels tacky, I don't know why the curved glass is being praised as the best on the market. I cant feel any difference between this and my old Titan. No. Not happy at all.

Sending it back to Amazon for an 8X. I don't care if the 8X isn't as fast, or doesn't have the Nokia maps and Nokia drive as I don't use it. HTC Locations on my Titan was brilliant. Build quality on HTC's, aside form the tacky buttons are superior to Nokia.

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
No I would not. Its a very overrated phone and I fail to see why people call it the flagship windows 8 phone. I have one in black which I got from amazon UK, paid ?529 for it and it is very poor value. The build quality isn't as great as people are making out. The simcard slot on mine isn't flush with the phone, there is a rattle when it vibrates, the headphone jack doesn't always recognise that headphones/Earphones are plugged in and has caused me embarrassment. I think the phone feels tacky, I don't know why the curved glass is being praised as the best on the market. I cant feel any difference between this and my old Titan. No. Not happy at all.

Sending it back to Amazon for an 8X. I don't care if the 8X isn't as fast, or doesn't have the Nokia maps and Nokia drive as I don't use it. HTC Locations on my Titan was brilliant. Build quality on HTC's, aside form the tacky buttons are superior to Nokia.
Thanks much for sharing your experiences. I don't care about curved glass too. But my main problem is about the OS for now. Your comment will really be helpful after I decide OS but I still couldn't choose between iOS, WP and even Android (I hate it after using 2 Android phones). Can you talk about your thoughts about WP compared to others?

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
you know what... i keep asking myself this question at times.. What would i do if i was to loose it, or break it etc... considering so far i haven't had any big problems with it and there isn't any other appealing phone on the market.... I think i would get it again, or wait for a newer model!

kennethsd

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If they fix the battery drainage problem, considering that a lot of people (like myself) are having this problem, I would choose Lumia 920 again :3

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
For the record, putting a little compressed air to the top speaker will clear the proximity sensor issue. I've had it happen a couple of times, but a little spray fixed it each time. It's worth not having to stick with my Droid Incredible though. I couldn't stand Android any longer, and HTC is a crappy company.

I've never before owned a device that required regular canned air treatment in order to function properly. I'm not saying I'd choose the [ancient] Incredible over the 920 obviously. My experience with the device, and support thereafter, has significantly decreased my confidence in them moving forward. Knowing what I know now, I'd have probably skipped the 920. Maybe not as new or shiny but my 900 was more reliable.

w_byrnes

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
It is a yes for me. I had the battery problem but it seems to be gone after I started to close out the tabs before exiting IE. Everything else is very good. The stellar performance of the camera under low light conditions is dispensable.

phatboy66

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I'm absolutely in love with my Lumia 920! Great camera, amazing battery, I'm always impressed by the design of this phone every time I look at it. Yes I can see a big difference in weight with my old 1st gen Samsung Focus but its not a major problem for me. I can understand people who would like a lighter device though. I don't use a whole lot of apps but it would nice to have Instagram, Flipboard, Google Maps (will never happen lol) , Pinterest, Vine and a couple of local apps that aren't available on WP8. BIGGEST PROBLEM: MEDIA SYNCING, BRING BACK ZUNE!!

In my honest opinion, the only advantage Android and iOS have over WP8 is the huge catalog of games and all the banking apps. Other than that WP8 is really great and users shouldn't be ashamed of the platform.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Yes I havent experienced any iossues no random resets or reboots vattewry life fine except oin marginal reception (No LTE yet here in my city although supposed to be coming soon. I love my 920 and my 900 with 7.8 update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs