03-05-2013 11:09 AM
162 ... 4567
tools
    Heck, no
    02-20-2013 03:38 AM
    no. unless file manager is added. perhaps tv-out. fm transmitter. otherwise no. There are other phones that matcgh my needs. There are nice shiney things about the lu mia but the lack of functionality blows. The one I have is at least workign the way it should. No manufacturers defects or anything. Though it will feez up from time to time as with any os and require a reset.
    02-20-2013 05:49 AM
    Would I recommend Lumia 920 to others?: Yes, but not everyone.
    I agree. I love my 920 and would recommend it to people who have some idea about phone operating systems but not to people who can barely operate an iPhone. For example, I have a coworker who has a bejeweled iPhone 4 and she often comes to me with basic questions like how to put music on her phone and how to email a photo she takes with her iPhone. She would have difficulty adjusting to any new phone OS.
    02-20-2013 07:45 AM
    I would chose the phone again, but only if it didn't run windows (at least not at its current state). i am really hoping for more improvements in the future.
    MikadoWu likes this.
    02-20-2013 08:14 AM
    No.
    02-20-2013 08:23 AM
    You have convinced me with that devastating review.
    02-20-2013 08:35 AM
    Yes. Very happy with he 920 although it is hard to justify the cost difference over the 820 when all you get is a slightly bigger screen and a slightly less bad camera.

But Nokia is definitely back in the game, for me.
    02-20-2013 08:47 AM
    Yes. Very happy with he 920 although it is hard to justify the cost difference over the 820 when all you get is a slightly bigger screen and a slightly less bad camera.

But Nokia is definitely back in the game, for me.
    Worth it for the wireless charging, wireless charger, added storage, better display, and slightly-larger display. To get the wireless charging, it would be $20-30 for the cover and $50 for the charger, at which point you've spent basically the same amount. You then have to spend another $20 or so to get the equivalent storage, meaning you've now basically paid the same price of the Lumia 920, but you haven't gotten the display or size.

Oh, and I got my 920 for $50, plus I got the free $50 wireless charger (got AT&T to retroactively price match the Black Friday deal).
    02-20-2013 11:16 AM
    No. I would not. I wouldn't choose the WP ecosystem again until it has matured a bit. Basic things like closing processes that are open, lack of combustibility (reording tiles and changing tile colors, limited color choices at that), and the fact that MSFT seems so heavily invested in other platforms than it's own is very troubling. The phone has a nice camera, but I didn't invest in a two year contract just to have a nice camera. Call quality should have been priority. Heck, the phone's firmware should have been a priority. It's a shame that this phone locks on simple tasks like a reset. The consumer shouldn't have to play detective and diagnose why stuff like that happens.

I personally would wait until the system is mature enough, with a lot of the basic features other competitor smart phones have are added and running. Now I feel a bit of buyers remorse.
    Andyshine77 and uswebworx like this.
    02-20-2013 12:24 PM
    I've been reading about Lumia 920 and I was going to buy it. But after reading that many Lumias come with many issues, I started to think. In my country, it's hard to make Nokia accept exchanging bad Lumias for new ones. People are saying that Nokia does a factory reset and gives their phones back...
    So can you help me about that? If you had another chance, would you prefer Lumia 920 again? If not, which phone would you prefer?
    How many of you bought a bad Lumia?
    Thanks much. Loved this helpful community.
    NO NO NO. am going back to apple ASAP.
    02-22-2013 11:33 PM
    Yes and yes. Although I faced some annoying issues with it, but right after I know what's wrong with it and fix it, now I completely satisfy with it.
    In the beginning, I accepted the fact that WP8 is a immature OS and its app selections'd be limited. But I accepted it and live with it. I don't think that other people who choose WP8 initially without knowing about this. Now I'm waiting for its growth, and the truth's I'm pretty impressive with its app store, not as limited as I imagined :D.
    Just until it get some VoIP app such as viber or tango and I'll recommend it to everyone (especially my mom, her and me're so tired of that cheap, laggy android device...)
    02-23-2013 01:50 AM
    Interesting thread. I have sent two 920s back now - one for horrible vibration rattle and random switch offs and the replacement for locking on the home and menu screens which requested a power button lock.

The second is being 'inspected' by the retailer, but I really don't know whether to try a third. Went from a iPhone 4S to a Nexus 4, which had a rubbish camera and the OS was hit and miss and then the 920, which I thought had great build quality, but has been iffy.
    02-23-2013 03:21 AM
    If I had my time again, no, I wouldn't choose the Lumia 920. On paper it suited my business needs, and as I've only ever owned Nokia phones and have nothing but admiration and confidence in them, felt this was a safe bet. In the practical world it's been a very big let down. Despite following the best advice on the forum for certain issues, my phone crashes perhaps two/three times per week, the battery life is inconsistent and short, voice/call quality is inconsistent, not to mention a myriad of small but tedious issues with connectivity, volume/vibrate options, blurry photos, poor GPS for referencing. It makes me very nervous when I'm waiting for important calls, and I actually missed one telephone conference when I didn't know how to soft reset the phone. That cost me a great deal. As it's burned me and so far taken one hit at my business, I could not recommend this phone to anyone else. Sometimes, one chance might be the only chance a business has got. Those businesses need robust tools they can rely on.
    02-23-2013 03:41 AM
    No - on my third Lumia 920 now and i could (and may) technically return this one.

Phone 1 - Yellow Lumia 920 bricked within 14 day return window, received a red Lumia 920 in exchage
    Phone 2 - Red Lumia 920 locked up four times while charging overnight, returned on 4th lockup and AT&T ordered a replacement
    Phone 3 - Red Lumia 920 - no bricking or lockups yet; however the top of this phone is not secure to the screen and makes a clicking sound pressed...

There are things I really like about Windows Phone 8 but waking up in the morning with your phone off and you are supposed to be "on call" is not cool...
    Me too had to replace my phone 3 times.
    1, The audio jack didn't work and the screen wouldnt come on when on call.
    DOA
    2, new phone and the phone would make a cracking when Holding it.
    DOA.
    3. New phone again works great untill i plugin my headphones,when i unplugged the headphones the sound didnt work anymore.
    DOA that one too and never buying a lumia ever again.

I really wanted to like the lumia and the windows, perhaps in a couple of years...
    02-23-2013 03:46 AM
    I would. I went in knowing full well what it has and what it doesn't, so there weren't any 'unexpected' unpleasant surprises.
    02-23-2013 03:53 AM
    No, owning a Lumia 920 has left a bitter taste in my mouth. My first one would constantly freeze until it finally died. The replacement one has been OK but the camera is faulty and there's a ton of dust under the front camera. It's also got a nasty creaking when handling the phone and the vibration rattles. This one will be going back soon for repair/replacement but if it comes back the same or a replacement is the same it's going on Ebay.
    02-23-2013 02:55 PM
    I have to agree, I'm definitely loving my 920 and having come from an iphone i will say i don't plan on going back.

however there are a lot of things "lacking". The app list is the fastest growing, however they have a lot of catching up to do. It's adequate but still lacking.

And I do love the nokia phone line up as well as their app line up. The Nokia apps are very useful however again, some are still in beta.

All in all, i love the phone, very fast, live tiles are great on a big brilliant screen, and very easy to use. Pictures/video are unrivaled. I would go with the 920 again for sure!!
    02-23-2013 05:37 PM
    Best phone that I have ever owned, I would get this phone over any other.... Coming from iPhone, I will never go back to that locked down and outdated system.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    02-23-2013 09:29 PM
    If you manage to get a properly functioning device: Yes.

If you get a device like mine: No.

It SHOULD be a great phone, heck it should be the best in the market right now. But there are just too many problems.

Think nokia needs another year or two till they sort out all the bugs and whatnot. Not stable enough for primetime.
    02-23-2013 11:45 PM
    I would choose this phone again in a heartbeat. The Lumia 920's camera impresses (almost) every time and Windows Phone 8 is so fluid, I will never return to my previous Android devices again. As for iPhone, it's stale operating system bores me whereas WP8 is constantly changing with live tiles complemented by vibrant accent colors. The Lumia 920's PureMotion HD+ display is one to turn heads, not to mention the stunning and iconic design in a variety of eye-catching colors. So yes, I would choose the Lumia 920 again without any regret.
    02-23-2013 11:53 PM
    Overall i'd probably have gotten an iphone5 if it was half the price; the lumia920 is nice but its media handling is atrocious. It only appears to remember 1 media file so if you open a tv app it will forget what mp3 you were playing.
    02-24-2013 12:25 AM
    No I wouldn't
    02-25-2013 05:03 PM
    No, would hope for similar performance specs in a smaller package like the IPhone. IMO, Apple has the size correct, it's just a boring OS and at times, laggy IME.
    02-25-2013 05:18 PM
    No. In fact, I returned the one I had. No VPN capability. No VOIP apps for PBX support. Can't set a static IP address at all, let alone for a particular network. It's not a serious business phone. It's a best a beta and still has a long way to go.
    03-02-2013 04:18 PM
    No. Not at all.
    03-02-2013 04:25 PM
162 ... 4567