Would you choose Lumia 920 again?

farukdgn

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading about Lumia 920 and I was going to buy it. But after reading that many Lumias come with many issues, I started to think. In my country, it's hard to make Nokia accept exchanging bad Lumias for new ones. People are saying that Nokia does a factory reset and gives their phones back...
So can you help me about that? If you had another chance, would you prefer Lumia 920 again? If not, which phone would you prefer?
How many of you bought a bad Lumia?
Thanks much. Loved this helpful community.

Last edited:

vtective

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I go back and forth on this, but...

Probably not. I like the UI and the camera, but app selection is limited and build quality is inconsistent.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes, no other phone currently on the market I would consider replacing my 920 with if I had the choice. The next phone I would probably agree to switch it to would be one of the newer Lumias with an aluminium body, but I'll stick to this thing for the next 1,5 years at least.

Keith Wallace

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I would pick the Lumia 920 over the alternatives right now. I will NEVER buy from Apple, Google's practices have irritated me, and the 920 has the best hardware of any Windows Phone device. The ONLY alternatives to getting my black 920 would have been to wait a few days to get a red one or wait until this spring for the alleged aluminum-body Lumia, but I could not have taken another 6 months on my old Droid Incredible.

There's no other device sold in the US I would take over the 920 at this time, and the only one AT ALL I would pick over the 920 is the 920T, but that is China-only.

gerbilly

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Im due to get another phone on contract in October and I will look at what is the best on offer at that time.

I know the samsung phones are supposed to be good but I hate the design.

Always had I Phones apart from the 5 which i thought was boring and a terrible design.

If Ive does something imaginative with Apple I may consider it, even though the new sony is getting great reviews I hate all the stupid flaps they have for all of the ports.

So quite happy with my Red 920, and when I get my next phone in october im sure it will be something different just dont know what.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been reading about Lumia 920 and I was going to buy it. But after reading that many Lumias come with many issues, I started to think. In my country, it's hard to make Nokia accept exchanging bad Lumias for new ones. People are saying that Nokia does a factory reset and gives their phones back...
So can you help me about that? If you had another chance, would you prefer Lumia 920 again?
How many of you bought a bad Lumia?
Thanks much. Loved this helpful community.

How does anyone buying it again or not help you make up your mind when clearly Nokia in your country does not have a good exchange policy? We love Nokia here but when you don't get an exchange the way you want, you will be posting back on this board telling how bad Nokia is. Informed decision is a key here. Nokia has unmatched customer service, better than Sammy or fruitphones. Those with bad experience are countable with my fingers, maybe toes too, so 20 max. The rest have had amazing experience with Nokia customer service. Like any product, even a burger can be served with little less ketchup. You either go get some more yourself or cry about it and not eat at all.

Rich White

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
US. Microsoft Stack Developer.Happy.. AS a consumer I'd have waited until November 2013 but I wanted to get started with Win 8 a year early. Happy with the quality and I did my research and knew the apps would be rolling out over the next two years.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I would definitely buy the Lumia 920 again!! I'm never going back to Android after having switched and the iPhone 5 is boring and the 920 easily outclasses it imo. I heard the BB Z10 is pretty decent but I'd rather get an iPhone.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes ! We have two. No problems at all with the phone.
My wife dropped hers. Flattened the corner where the sim is and the sim holder wouldn't go back in all the way. Got a couple of 'no sim messages'. I removed the holder and filed the it down a little on the end pointing to the corner of the phone. Goes in all the way now and it works OK now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers